August 4th- August 10th

Mileage for the Year 2014
2,543 miles

Mileage for the week 8/4- 8/10
113 miles

8/10
21 miles

Another great run this morning.  I wanted to take it easy and I think I did a pretty good job with that.  Started off at 7:30pace and warmed up to sub 7 by mile 3.  Ran my Boston prep route and elmore extention to UAA.  Most of my mile were around 6:20 pace and ran a couple sub 6 miles at the end.  Felt really good and another great week of training.

8/9
8 miles

Easy Recovery pace to Dearmoun and back.  Sad to say, but I'm loving these cooler temps.  Legs felt a little tired, but overall I felt pretty good today.

8/8
19 miles (13am/6pm)

Ran my boston prep route this morning.  I was gonna take it real easy, but I felt so good!  First couple were easy, but by mile 3 I was already at 6:40 pace and I probably ran the last 6-7 miles at sub 5:55 pace while holding back.  Very positive run and maybe the weather played into too.  It was cool and cloudy and felt like fall a little.

Super easy recovery pace to Huffman and back in the evening.  Felt good.

8/7
14 miles (8am/6pm)

Ran from Studio 49 this morning. I started out really easy and I was over 8 minutes at the first mile.  Kept the entire run really easy.

Real easy to Huffman and back in the evening.  Legs were tired, but that's expected.

8/6
20 miles (15am/5pm)

I was able to get a little breakfast (toast w/peanut butter and jelly) before my run this morning.  Ran my Boston prep route with Elmore.  Started at 7:30 pace and felt a little tired and heavy legs. I started to feel better around mile 4. I eventually progressed down to 6:15 pace for the remainder of run and ran a 5:23 last mile. I was feeling really good.

Ran to Huffman and back at recovery pace after a long day of work. I was tired physically and mentally. Got it done though.

8/5
16 miles (10am/6pm)

Ran before work this morning and my legs felt tired and heavy. No pop at all.  I ran my south loop with a little extra.

Ran home from skinny mini at recovery pace. Legs felt tired and heavy again.  Need to recover tonight and get some quality sleep!

8/4
15 miles (9am/6pm)

Both runs were at easy recovery pace. I felt pretty good too. In the morning I took off from studio 49 and took the trail all the way to Elmore. I really like that trail alongside the river. In the evening I did my standard Huffman and back. Both runs were done in the light rain.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Age- 41 Occupation- Phy Ed/Athletic Director/Wrestling Coach @ South Anchorage High School

Blog Archive