August 25th- August 31st

Mileage for the Year 2014
2,801 miles

Mileage for the week 8/25- 8/31
104 miles

8/31
20 miles (13 @ MP)- 5:41 avg.

I decided to do today's workout on the treadmill.  I just wanted to feel pace and not have to worry about hills and cracks in pavement, etc...

I felt really good today.  I do believe it's a little easier on the treadmill, but I was amazed at how I felt.  I'm thinking all this mileage is finally paying off.  I haven't felt this good during a 100 mile week.  Here is the workout:

4 mile warm-up w/ strides
13 @ MP (5:52, 5:46, 5:46, 5:46, 5:46, 5:39, 5:39, 5:39, 5:36, 5:36, 5:36, 5:36, 5:21)
3 mile cool down

8/30
13 miles (8am/5pm)

Ran with Holly in the morning. It was a cool but beautiful and sunny morning!  We ran the coastal trail from Westchester Lagoon. Nice and easy with good conversation.

Huffman and back in the afternoon. Felt really good.

8/29
17 miles  (12am/5pm)

Had a great run during my lunch hour.  I ran it on my treadmill at work.  2 reasons I ran on the treadmill today.  #1- I wanted to get this run done and not wait until this evening to run longer. #2.- Its nice to just focus on pace and keeping things easy.  My marathon in October will be flat for the most part anyways.  I started at 7:30 pace and progressed down to 5:52 pace the last mile.

Easy recovery after work to Huffman and back.

8/28
12 miles (6am/6pm)

Both runs were done at an easy recovery pace.  I felt pretty good during both runs too.  Ran on the treadmill during lunch and then to Huffman and back after work.

8/27
15 miles

After school, I ran my Boston prep route with elmore extention.  After a few easy miles, I did pick it up into the low 6's.  Last mile was 5:44.  I really think the last 2 weeks of taking it easy, I needed.  Hopefully, that was a recharge going into these last 6 weeks.

8/26
15 miles (9am w/ 6 x800m and 6pm)

Took advantage of the nice and sunny day and did my workout on my lunch hour on the South track.  I felt kinda tired on the warm-up, but strong during my workout.  Here it is:

3 mile warm-up w/ strides
6 x 800m w/ 90 sec rest (2:32, 2:30, 2:30, 2:29, 2:30, 2:26)
3+ mile cool down

Easy recovery pace to Huffman and back in the evening.


8/25
12 miles (6am/6pm)

Both runs were done at an easy recovery pace.  During my lunch hour I ran easy on my treadmill at school.  In the evening I was able to run with my new friend Holly.  Ran from the Albrecht ball fields on the corner of Elmore and Martin Luther King.  We ran the bike path on chester creek trail close to East High School before we turned around.  Nice to run with company and after raining hard most of the day the sun came out!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Age- 41 Occupation- Phy Ed/Athletic Director/Wrestling Coach @ South Anchorage High School

Blog Archive