July 28th - August 3rd

Mileage for the Year 2014
2,430 miles

Mileage for the week 7/28- 8/3
110 miles

8/3
20 miles

Ran my Boston prep route with Elmore extention.  I didn't really want to push the pace today, but after 5-6 miles I did feel pretty strong.  Started at 7:30 pace and progressed down to some sub 6 miles at the end.  Last mile was 5:31, but ran the last 400 pretty hard.  I truly believe I'm finally absorbing the mileage or at least it's not beating me up anymore. 20 miles didn't feel like a big deal today and I feel recovered.  Almost like I'd like to run a recovery pace run tonight, but I'm not going to go there :).  Another solid week of training in the books.

8/2
17 miles (11am w/10K Classic and 6pm)

I wasn't sure what to expect this morning in the 10K Classic. It was a different course and I'm running pretty high mileage.  It wasn't the time I was hoping for, but due to the course and my mileage I'm ok with it.  I also haven't done anything specific for a 10K.  I've done a few tempo workouts, but that's it. No VO2 max stuff yet.  I'll be shooting for sub 33 closer to the marathon.

Here it is:
3 mile warm up w/strides
10K- 33:44
2 mile cool down

In the evening I did a nice and sunny 6 miles at recovery pace to Huffman and back.

8/1
11 miles (7am/4pm)

Ran to Huffman and back this morning at recovery pace and threw in 5 x 20 sec strides at the end. Felt pretty good.  In the evening I ran the same route at an easy recovery pace as well. Tomorrow is the 10K Classic. I'll see what my legs have in them, but I feel pretty fit.

7/31
13 miles (7am/6pm)

Decided to run the Alaska 10K course this morning to check it out.  I ran it at recovery pace.  It has lots of rolling hills and turns and also a hairpin turn in it. I believe it's a slower course than normal.  They changed it because of construction on chester creek this year.  Felt good running however.

Easy to Huffman and back in the evening. Felt good again.  I normally don't have the spring in my legs on recovery runs.  Nice and sunny and warm today too!

7/30
21 miles (15am/6pm)

Was up by 6am and out the door by 7 this morning. Ran my Boston prep route with Elmore extention.  It was a beautiful morning, but legs just tired. It's been the norm for Wednesday's medium distance runs when done early in the morning.  Started at 7:40 pace and progressed down to 6 min pace.

Easy recovery to Huffman and back after work.  Warm and sunny at 75 degrees! Felt good too, but made sure to slow it down.

7/29
16 miles (10am/6pm)

Ran my south loop at General aerobic pace before work and threw in 10 x 20 sec. Strides.  It was foggy and chilly when I took off. Reminded me a little of fall.

Ran to Huffman and back after work at an easy recovery pace. Felt good and it was 72 degrees and sunny! Supposed to be real nice the next few days.

7/28
12 miles (7am/5pm)

Both runs were on my Huffman route and at an easy recovery pace.  I did feel pretty good running though. I think my legs are finally adapting to the higher mileage.  In the evening it was raining pretty good, but it felt great!!!

I'm also icing my foot a lot more and it's feeling much improved.

1 comment:

JT said...

I first seen your blog a few yrs ago while training for chicago marathon. If memory serves me correctly, you finished in top 100 in the boston during a heatwave. did a google search for boston simulators and found you again. God didn't program my body for a 7 min pace. YOU'RE A MACHINE

About Me

My photo
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Age- 41 Occupation- Phy Ed/Athletic Director/Wrestling Coach @ South Anchorage High School

Blog Archive