July 21st- July 27th

Mileage for the Year 2014
2,320 miles

Mileage for the Week 7/21- 7/27
107 miles

7/27
20 miles

Ran my hilly boston prep course and Elmore extention.  It was a beautiful sunny morning.  I woke up at 6am to get a little fuel in me before getting out the door at 7:45am.  I ran the 1st 10 mile in 1hr. 08min. and the next 10 miles in 1hr which is about 6 min. pace.  I was tired at the end, but I felt pretty strong the entire run.  Another solid week.  I'm hoping to run the Alaska 10K classic next saturday.

7/26
15 miles (10.5am/4.5pm)

I felt really good during both of my recovery paced runs today.  Ran my south loop in the morning and threw in 10 X 20 sec. strides.  Ran to Huffman and back in the evening and even the sun came out! Looking forward to my 20 miler tomorrow.  Gonna run the 1st half pretty easy and then progressively pick up the pace.

7/25
12 miles

Great run this morning.  I woke up at 7am to eat breakfast and wake up before heading out the door at 9am.  Ran my south loop.  Started at 7:30 pace and progressed down to 5:47 pace.  I've been feeling really good on friday's for some reason.  It was fun.

7/24
13 miles (8am/5pm)

Ran from studio 49 this morning.  I really love that route alongside the river.  Kept it easy and at recovery pace.  Ran to Huffman and back in the evening at recovery pace as well.  Nice to run easy and listen to music.

7/23
20 miles (15am/5pm)

Woke up at 6am and was out the door by 7am.  I had a pretty good run despite it being early and being a little tired in the legs.  My plantar was also a little aggravated.  I think it has a lot to do with just running in the morning before it has a chance to warm-up.  Whatever the case, it's not that fun!  I ran my Boston prep course with elmore extention.  Started at 7:35 pace and did progress down to a 5:52 last mile.  My average was slower though (6:50 pace for entire run).

Super easy recovery after a 9hr. shift at work.  Ran my Huffman route.  Felt a little bonky because I didn't eat much today.

7/22
15 miles (4am/11pm w/ 5 @ Tempo and 300m, 200m, 100m, 200m @ Fast)

Just a nice and easy pace before work today.  The sun was out and it was beautiful and pleasant morning.

After work I ran to the Hanshew track by my house to do my tempo workout.  I am pleased with it, especially since I've been tired from the increased volume.  I was going to do 5-6 miles of tempo, but decided on just 5.  If I had someone with me or a coach watching I probably would've done 6. It was comfortably hard.  I also through in just a little fast stuff at the end, to help me with the 10K next weekend.

Here is the workout:
3 mile warm-up w/ 6 striders
5 straight miles of Tempo (5:34, 5:32, 5:29, 5:28, 5:28)
300m, 200m, 100m, 200m (not all out, but close with full 2 minute jog recovery)
1.5 mile cool down

7/21
12 miles (6am/6pm)

Both runs were on my Huffman route and at an easy recovery pace.  They were night and day though.  I did not feel very good this morning which seems to be the case lately.  In the evening though I felt a lot better.  I'm running tempo tomorrow and it's GOING to be a good workout.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Age- 41 Occupation- Phy Ed/Athletic Director/Wrestling Coach @ South Anchorage High School

Blog Archive