July 7th- July 13th

Mileage for the Year 2014
2,126 miles

Mileage for the week 7/7- 7/13
107 miles

7/13
20 miles (8 miles @ Marathon pace)

Hard run today. I debated to do this on my treadmill for pace and hydration or outside.  I opted to go outside which I'm glad I did.  I did this workout on my Boston prep route with elmore extention to Tudor.  I started at 7:30 pace and quickly progressed to sub 7 by mile 2.  I ran the first 10 miles at a good clip (miles 7,8,9 were around 6:20 pace).  At mile 10 I began my 8 miles @ MP.  It's a hilly section and I believe I ran about 5:50 pace effort.  It was a little difficult with the hills and the fact that I had zero water the entire 20 miles.  I did take a Gu thought at miles 8.5 and 14.  It was a good effort at the end of another big mileage week for me.  This next week will be more of a recovery week.

7/12
6 miles

Nice and easy recovery pace today.  I probably won't double today, so I can have a good hard long run tomorrow.  Felt good running today.

7/11
19 miles (13am/6pm)

Ran my Boston prep route this morning.  I was tired.  Started at 7:30 pace and progressed down to 6:02 pace the last couple miles.  I also threw in 6 striders at the end.

In the evening if was recovery pace to Huffman and back. Tired.

7/10
14 miles (8am/6pm)

Kept it easy recovery pace on both runs.  It was seriously pouring down hard rain this morning so my first run was done in my garage on the treadmill. In the evening I ran to Huffman and back.  Felt pretty good. Just a little tired.

7/9
20 miles (15am/5pm)

1st Day of Training camp for wrestlers going to Fargo.  I just had to head up there and open school and get a couple of things ready for coaches.  I did my 15 miles today on the treadmill.  My first treadmill run since early May I believe.  I just needed to stay close to the camp on the 1st day.  It went pretty good. Started at 7:30 pace and progressed every mile until my last mile is 5:52.  Felt good, but heel was a little touchy.  It was also a sweat fest inside the training room.

Super tired after work today, but I still got out in the rain and ran a super slow recovery pace.  It actually felt good to move the legs a little, but I'm tired.  I'll make sure to recover on both runs tomorrow.

7/8
15 miles (5am/10pm "4 @ Tempo")

I ran an easy 5 miles at recovery pace before work this morning.  Felt pretty good.

After work I decided to run my Tempo miles between Huffman and Dearmoun.  I was going to run it on the track, but I didn't have a good watch besides my GPS and that doesn't really keep track of laps, etc..  I like running on the roads better than track, but I kind of wanted to know exact pace without the hills.  Here is the workout: (I was going to try and do 5 miles of tempo, but just wasn't feeling it today)

3 mile warm-up w/ 6 strides
4 miles tempo (5:35, 5:34, 5:35, 5:36)
3 mile cool down

7/7
13 miles (7am/6pm)

Both runs were to Huffman and back at an easy recovery pace.  Legs felt tired, but expected after a long run and big mileage week.  I did feel better in the afternoon though. Tempo workout tomorrow!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Age- 41 Occupation- Phy Ed/Athletic Director/Wrestling Coach @ South Anchorage High School

Blog Archive