July 14th- July 20th

Mileage for the Year 2014
2,213 miles

Mileage for the week 7/14- 7/20
87 miles

7/20
16 miles

I had to run early today before work.  I had a horrible run.  My legs felt somewhat tired, but my Plantar Faciatis was really annoyed this morning.  I'm not sure if it's because I didn't get a chance for it to warm up or not, but it sure is annoying.  It takes all the fun and enjoyment out of running. It was painful.  Not sure what to think about it.  I try to do the right things, but it just won't go away.  I ran my Boston Prep route with Elmore Extention and running down the hills it was really painful.  Maybe I should try to only run flats or on the treadmill for awhile. Ugggh.....

7/19
5 miles

Easy recovery pace after work today.  Ran to Huffman and back.  I felt like crap though.  I was tired and legs never felt good.  I'm sure working on my feet for 9 hrs. didn't help today.  Need to get a good nights sleep and run before work tomorrow.

7/18
11 miles

I ran my south loop today.  I felt really good finally!  Started at 7:30 pace and progressed down to 6 min pace.  My last mile was 5:37, but I ran the last 1/4 mile at 4:45 pace.  Nice to have some spring in my legs, it's been awhile.  Just one run today and tomorrow will be an easy recovery pace.  Recovery week is working!


7/17
14 miles (8am/6pm)

Ran from Studio 49 this morning and ran the chester creek bike path.  Took it at recovery pace and it was nice to run someplace new.  It was somewhat peaceful.  Felt pretty good too.  In the evening I ran my standard to Huffman and back.  Nice and sunny out too.

7/16
13 miles

I woke up at 6:10am this morning to make sure I was awake before I started running.  I ran my Boston prep route today.  I didn't really have much in my legs today.  They felt kind of heavy and not much pop.  Part of the process though.  Need to recover this week.

7/15
15 miles (10 miles w/10 x 20sec strides in AM/5PM)

Woke up early to get this done before work today.  It always takes awhile to get warmed up in the morning, but I felt pretty good.  It was nice to get a little speed thrown in at the end as well.

Easy recovery pace after work today.  Nice and sunny out too. Felt good, but tired.

7/14
13 miles (7am/6pm)

Both runs today were to Huffman and back.  I kept them at recovery pace, but still tired today.  Need to make sure I recover a little this week with this cutback week.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Age- 41 Occupation- Phy Ed/Athletic Director/Wrestling Coach @ South Anchorage High School

Blog Archive