May 11th- May 17th

Mileage for the Year 2015
1439 miles

Mileage for the week 5/11- 5/17
101 miles

5/17
21 miles

Great run today.  Sun was out and I felt really good.  Started at Westchester and ran to totem and back.  Around Earthquake park I met up with Ryan Beckett and Corbyn Jahn unexpectedly and ran with them to Westchester.  Got a quick swig of water and then ran another 8 miles on chester creek.  Was around 6 min pace the last 5 miles with a 5:45 last mile.  Getting fit.

5/16
8 miles

First run outside without a shirt for the year!  Kept it easy recovery pace, but felt really good.  Ran to Huffman and up to elmore and back.

5/15
16 miles (10am w/ 6 @ Tempo and 6pm)

When I woke up I had a great idea to get the workout done before school.  I felt tired, but knew my body was feeling up to it.  It felt really controlled and somewhat easy.  Getting really fit again.

3 mile warm-up w/ strides
6 miles @ Tempo (5:27, 5:27, 5:27, 5:21, 5:21, 5:10)
1 mile cool down

Ran around south high school right after school. Kept it recovery pace.

5/14
12 miles (7am/5pm)

Super easy recovery pace on both runs today.  Ran on the south track right after school before picking up Tae.  Felt ok, legs a little tired.  Zach graduates tonight!!!!!!

5/13
21 miles (15am/6pm)

Ran from Westchester today to Totem and back w/ extra.  Started off really easy and legs a little tired.  Last mile I picked it up and ran a 5:37.  I have a couple of sick kids and  don't want to catch anything either.

Easy recovery pace to Huffman and back in the afternoon.  Felt good.

5/12
11 miles (6 x 1000m @ 5K w/ 2 min rest)

Did this workout from Alaska Club West to westchester and on the chester creek.  I felt really good and I really like this better then on a track.  I felt pretty strong too and well recovered before the next one.  Beautiful sunny day too:)

5/11
12 miles (7am/5pm)

Easy recovery during both runs.  Ran on the track after school and it started to slightly rain.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tom. What marathon are you training for? Mayor's? I'm thinking about signing up.

Anonymous said...

This is Sam Tilly by the way

About Me

My photo
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Age- 41 Occupation- Phy Ed/Athletic Director/Wrestling Coach @ South Anchorage High School

Blog Archive