May 25th- May 31st

Mileage for the Year 2015
1,643 miles

Mileage for the week 5/25- 5/31
121 miles

5/31
21 miles

Had a great run this morning.  I was able to sleep in until 8am and I didn't get started running until after 11am.  It was great to eat a little and relax this morning, plus it was so nice out I wanted to run in the Sun today.   I took off from Westchester and ran to Totem with an out and back section to the Post office.  When I got back to westchester I was at 15 miles, so I did a 3 mile out and back on chester creek to get my 21.  I felt really good today.  I was around 6:30 pace by mile 6-7 and the last 6 miles were 6 or sub 6 pace with the last 2 miles being 5:45 and 5:44.  3 more weeks till Mayors!

5/30
11 miles

Kept it really easy recovery pace today, so I can have a good long run tomorrow. Ran my same route basically as yesterday.  Felt good and it was another warm and sunny day!

5/29
18 miles (8am/10pm)

My first run was at 6:30am since I had to be at Begich Middle School by 8:30p.  Was only up for about 20 minutes before I started running.  It sure is tough getting going when the body isn't ready.  I believe my first mile was 8 minutes:)  I kept both runs super easy.  I was going to run only 6-7 miles after work, but it was so nice and warm out I decided to keep running.  It was super easy pace, so I'm not worried about the extra mileage.  Felt way better in the afternoon run.

5/28
21 miles (15am/6pm)

Ran my Boston prep route with some elmore extention this morning and it was a sunny beautiful day. My legs felt a little heavy, but overall I felt good and strong. Kept it somewhat easy throughout the run. Started at 7:30 pace and progressed down to low 6 pace with a 5:53 last mile.

Super easy recovery pace from Studio 49 in the evening.  I felt really good, but forced myself to run easy.

5/27
18 miles (12am w/ 6 x 1200m and 6pm)

I got to use my cool new Garmin FR220 this morning.  I programmed my workout in it and it worked awesome.  Did this workout on a rolling hills between Huffman and Dearmoun.

3 mile warm-up w/ 20 sec strides
6 x 1200m @ 5K pace w/ 2 min rest.
3 mile cool down

Easy recovery pace after work to Huffman and back.  Felt good.

5/26
16 miles (10am/6pm)

Kept it super easy for another day. Ran from Westchester out towards totem and back in the morning and then ran to Huffman and back after work at skinny raven in the evening.

5/25
16 miles (10am/6pm)

Both recovery runs.  I was still a little sore and tired from saturday, but I felt pretty good and a lot better then yesterday.  Ran my south loop in the morning and then to Huffman and back in the afternoon.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Age- 41 Occupation- Phy Ed/Athletic Director/Wrestling Coach @ South Anchorage High School

Blog Archive