May 18th- May 24th

Mileage for the Year 2015
1,522 miles

Mileage for the week 5/18- 5/24
83 miles

5/24
13 miles (8am/5pm)

Real easy recovery to Dearmoun and back in the morning.  My legs were really tired today in the beginning, but felt better as I warmed them up.  Made sure to run really slow today, but it felt good to get outside and move some.  4 more weeks till Mayors Marathon!

Another recovery pace run to Huffman and back in the late afternoon.

5/23
17 miles (Trent/Waldron 1/2 Marathon- 1:13:20)

This morning's race went ok.  I went out on the pace I wanted to avg. (5:30), but I just wasn't feeling it by mile 4.  Not sure why, but my upper body in my arms, neck, and shoulders were tight.  I was able to keep a decent pace though and I finished pretty strong with a 5:30 avg. the last few miles.  I ended up 2nd place to Kenny Brewer (1:13:03).  He started to gap me a little after mile 4 and I just didn't feel like trying to get up there towards the end.  Oh well, it was the first race of the year and good to get out there and get a race effort under my belt.

2 mile warm-up- super easy
13.1 mile
2 mile cool down.

5/22
6 miles

Ran an easy recovery pace on the south track today.  I did a few stretches to help with my hip pain.  I believe it's my sciatic nerve, so I found 4-5 good stretches for it.  I didn't feel it at all running, but a little this evening while walking.  I'm going to go ahead and race tomorrow.  If it hurts really bad during the warm up I won't race.  Looking forward to it though.

5/21
7 miles (6 x 20 sec strides)

Recovery pace this morning with some strides.  Felt good.  Last day of school with students!!!!!

5/20
12 miles

Ran right after school was out, so I could get back in time to work soccer game.  Had a real good run today on my Boston prep route. I ran it from south and went backwards.  I felt pretty strong, but didn't hammer it because I want to race pretty hard at the 1/2 marathon on Saturday.  Looking to break my PR on the Trent/Waldron Course of 1:13:01.

5/19
16 miles (5am/11pm- 6 x 800m @ 5K pace)

Easy 5 miler before school.  Felt ok, but right hip was irritated again.

In the afternoon I started from Taelynn's dance studio and headed out on Chester creek trail.  Right hip was buggin but felt way better after a couple miles, so I decided to go ahead with workout.  Found a nice section to run the 800's on.  Felt strong.

3 mile warm-up w/ strides
6 x 800m @ 5K pace (2:32- 2:34 avg)
4 mile cool down

5/18
12 miles (7am/5pm)

Easy recovery runs today.  I felt pretty good, but just tired from not getting enough sleep.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Age- 41 Occupation- Phy Ed/Athletic Director/Wrestling Coach @ South Anchorage High School

Blog Archive