June 1st- June 7th

Mileage for the Year 2015
1,725 miles

Mileage for the week 6/1- 6/7
82 miles

6/7
18 miles

Last long run in the books, so I guess the hay is all in the barn for this marathon.  I wanted to run a little on the tank trail which is part of Mayors course, but couldn't find anyone to go with me.  So, I just parked at Westchester and ran to Totem and back on coastal trail and then a little on chester creek trail too.  I felt pretty good, but legs must of been a little tired from the 12K race on Friday.  Started at 7:25 pace and progressed down to 6 min pace the last 4-6 miles with a 5:45 last mile.  Sun was out finally, so it was good to get some sunshine too:)

6/6
8 miles

Had a good super easy recovery pace run to Dearmoun and back today.  Felt really good to get moving after the race last night.

6/5
12 miles (Twilight 12K- 40:57)

I had a lot of fun racing and afterwards at the Skinny Raven 12K.  They always put on a good race with Pizza and Beer at the finish.  The race went well.  I wasn't too concerned with time or placing.  I just wanted to get a good hard effort in before my marathon in 2 weeks.  I felt pretty good during the race and never really pushed the pace until I put in a little surge between miles 5 and 6.  It was just a 30-40 sec surge to get Lars Flora off my back a little.  With his skiing background I didn't want to battle him on the final uphill climb to the finish.  I did push it up the hill and towards the finish, but other than that I felt strong and comfortable.  I was happy with the race.

3 mile slow warm-up w/ a few strides
Twilight 12K
1.5 mile cool down

6/4
8 miles

Easy recovery pace to Dearmoun and back.  I felt good, but really wanted to stay easy since I'm gonna race the Twilight 12K tomorrow night.

6/3
14 miles

Another day of summer school and on my feet all day.  I felt really good running though afterwards.  I ran my Boston prep route and felt really strong.  Started at 7:30 pace and was right around 6 min pace the last 5-6 miles and I was keeping it pretty easy since I'll run hard on Friday night.

6/2
10 miles (10 x 20 sec strides)

Kept it pretty easy today, but my legs were a lot more tired then yesterday.  It may also be because I was on my feet all day teaching summer school.  Threw in some strides at the end.  I also foamed rolled and stretched a little before jumping in shower.

6/1
10 miles

Kept it easy recovery pace after a big day yesterday and week.  I actually felt really good running though and a little suprised.  Ran my south loop.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Age- 41 Occupation- Phy Ed/Athletic Director/Wrestling Coach @ South Anchorage High School

Blog Archive