June 22nd- June 28th

Mileage for the Year 2015
1,852 miles

Mileage for the week 6/22- 6/28
31 miles

6/28
8 miles

Found a treadmill in my hotel.  Not the nicest, but it'll do.  Nice to run in the air conditioned gym.

6/27
Off

Traveled to Las Vegas and walked A LOT on the strip. Tired and hot:)

6/26
6 miles

Another easy recovery pace run after work today.  Felt good.  I still had that pain behind my knee, but didn't feel it at all running on flat ground.  Last day of summer school and off to Las Vegas tonight!!!

6/25
5 miles (Falls Creek Hike)

Had a lot of fun hiking up Falls Creek.  Went up to the lake and it was beautiful.  The weather was great as well.  I felt good, but I always seem to get some pain on the back of my left knee (muscular, ligament, or tendon?) it's kind of painful.  Anyways, its usally just on my first hike of the year.  Just differnet muscles then I'm use to using running.  Coming back down we ran a little and my quads were tired!!!! Not use to it and still recovering from the Marathon.

6/24
6 miles

Another easy run.  I was going to run with the training group, but it's hard when I get off work at 2:30 and I can get it done then.  Maybe I'd have more of a social life if I waited.  Anyways, my legs are still tired, but I love getting out in this weather. Gonna keep it real easy all week.

6/23
6 miles

Decided to run really easy today.  The sun was out and I didn't want to miss the beautiful day.  Ran to Huffman and back.  I could tell my legs are still a little beat up, but I can honestly say I've never felt this good post marathon.

6/22
Off

Another day of complete rest after marathon.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Age- 41 Occupation- Phy Ed/Athletic Director/Wrestling Coach @ South Anchorage High School

Blog Archive