June 8th- June 14th

Mileage for the Year 2015
1,789 miles

Mileage for the week 6/8- 6/14
64 miles

6/14
6 miles

Ran an easy recovery pace run today to Huffman and back.  Foamed rolled and took an espom salt bath.  Time to get the legs feeling really good for Saturday.

6/13
13 miles

Ran with Tomisch, Petersen, Tarbath, and Tilly today.  We wanted to check out the tank trails for the Mayorathon course, but the military turned us away because of live war games with ammo fire.  So, we crossed the road and ran the hillside trails by Service.  I'm not use to running hills and trails right now and we started to pick up the pace a little and I could feel my legs were getting a little tired since these are muscles I'm not use to using.  I have a big race next saturday, so played it smart and slowed down the last few miles.  1 more week!!!!

6/12
6 miles

We took our summer school kids up to Arctic Valley today and we did a hike from the parking lot to the 2 peaks up there.  It was a really great experience for some of these kids.  Some have never been in the mountains and some have never even been hiking.  I kept it really easy because I haven't been hiking at all and I didn't want to use muscles I haven't been using and get really sore.  Coming down I could feel my legs were getting tired, so I slowed down even more.

Ran an easy recovery pace 6 when I got home.  Felt pretty good, but tired.  I was going to run my 1st Beer mile tonight at 9pm, but I'm gonna pass.  Just too tired from today and I have a marathon next saturday:)

6/11
11 miles ( 3 x 1 mile @ 5K pace w/ 2:30 rest)

I was really tired after work today.  I could probably get to better a little earlier, plus I'm on my feet all day and I get tired.  Anyways,  I get myself motivated to run right after work, so I can enjoy my evening.  I ran this workout between Huffman and Dearmoun.  It has hills and I try not to focus on the time since it's more challenging then the track.  I just go off of effort.  I averaged about 5:08 per mile.  I still don't like VO2 max work.  I know I need to probably focus a little more on this if I want to run better at shorter distances.  Anyways, I'm glad it's done.

3 mile warm-up w/ strides
3 x 1 mile @ 5K pace w/ 2:30 rest
4 mile cool down (6:45 avg.)

6/10
10 miles

Easy recovery pace on my south loop after work.  I was gonna run a 3 X 1 mile workout with the skinny raven training group, but opted out to save that for tomorrow.  I got home at 3pm and I really didn't want to wait until 6pm to run.  Plus, I'm glad I put that off until tomorrow because my legs felt tired today.

6/9
10 miles (10 x 20 sec strides)

Ran general aerobic pace on my south loop.  Another cool and windy day.  I felt a lot better then yesterday and had a little spring to my step.

6/8
8 miles

Easy recovery pace after work today.  My legs felt a little tired, but not too bad.  I had to make a conscious effort to slow down to recover.  Ran to Dearmoun and back.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Age- 41 Occupation- Phy Ed/Athletic Director/Wrestling Coach @ South Anchorage High School

Blog Archive