May 11th- 17th

Mileage for the Year 2009
1322 miles


Mileage for the week 5/11- 5/17
55 miles


5/17
11 miles

Ran nice and easy with Jerry and his Skinny Raven Marathon training group. Andy Liebner ran with us today after his solid 2nd place finish at the Curtis Menard 5K which he ran in 15:48. We took off from Kincaid (raspberry parking lot) and stayed on the trails. I love running trails and their were some really good hills and some single track. Single track is fun too. Of course we ran into a lot of moose and had to detour from our course. Another beautiful day in Anchorage. Sunny!!!


5/16
6+ miles (Arctic Valley)

Ran with Jerry and Charlie Renfro and it was a beautiful morning. This is one of the hardest runs though. About 6 miles and all up hill. I ran it in 47:44 which is better than my 49 min. last year, but I wasn't feeling all that great. I have a cold and just felt run down before I even started. Hope to do it again in a couple weeks. This run does do wonders for your strength though, so I'm glad I did it.

5/15
8 miles

I ran to Dearmoun and back with a little extra to make an even 8 miles. Kept it easy because of tomorrow's workout up Arctic Valley. I feel kind of run down and have a minor cold. Need to rest more. Lots going on at school.

5/14
6 miles (recovery)

Kept it nice and easy to Huffman and back with a little extra to make it six. Another beautiful day in Anchorage.

5/13
8 miles (3.6 miles @ tempo)

Another beautiful day and I warmed up to Dearmoun road (3.6 miles) when I got their I switched songs on the ipod and took off back home at tempo pace. It has different terrain (up and down hills) but my average pace back was 5:41 pace. I tried my best to keep it consistent. Maybe a little fast for right now since I'm just coming off Boston. Oh well, it is fun to run faster at a controlled speed. I love tempo runs when I'm feeling good. Then I ran a .8 mile cool down to give me a total of 8 miles.

5/12
5+ miles- recovery (too fast for recover though)

Ran to Huffman and back. About 6:48 pace. Tried to keep it easy, but legs felt a little fatigue after yesterdays run.

5/11
11+ miles

Ran turnagain arm trail run with Jerry Ross, Luke Duffy, Eric Strabel, and Matt Novakavich. Beautiful night. Strabel and I also ran about 3/4 of the Mchugh to Rainbow trail (right before the last climb) and then ran back to Potter at a pretty good effort. I started to feel tired in the legs toward the end. I really needed this run though. Hope to get one more good workout on it before the race 5/26.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Age- 41 Occupation- Phy Ed/Athletic Director/Wrestling Coach @ South Anchorage High School

Blog Archive