May 25th- May 31st

Mileage for the Year 2009
1434 miles


Mileage for the week 5/25- 5/31
62 miles


5/31
16 miles

I ran around Farmers Loop in Fairbanks from my Dad's house. Felt really good and ran pretty fast but kept it under control. I was definitely tired toward the end and wanted to finish, but had to run back to dads. My longest run since boston.

5/30
8.5 miles (25 min. @ tempo)

I was going to do my workout on the West Valley track but it was being used for a Cancer/Walk fundraiser. So I decided to just go off of feel and run for 25 min. at tempo. Some of it was on the Midnight Sun 10K course.

5/29
7.5 miles

I ran in Fairbanks today around my dad's house. Nice and easy. Felt a lot better today since the race on tuesday.

5/28
8 miles (recovery)

I took another easy day because legs are still tired and my feet are bothering me. They feel okay when I'm running, but really ache when I wake up or stay off them for awhile.

5/27
5+ miles (recovery)

Took it real slow today to help recover from yesterday's race. I am having some serious feet issues. I'm not sure what it is, but they ache really good. I'm sure running hard downhill towards the finish yesterday didn't help matters. I don't know if it's plantar faciatis or Morton Neuroma or what? I'm gonna be disspointed if it doesn't get better and I have to take an extended time off from running.

5/26
10 miles (Turnagain Arm Trail Race- 5th place 59:16)

It was above 70 degrees out and beautiful today. I ran the tough turnagain arm trail race and was humbled by it. I thought I could do better, but I do need to work on trail and hill climbs to be successful in races like that. I did give a good effort and didn't quit so I can be happy about that. I did a nice 2 mile warm-up to get ready.

5/25
7+ miles

I cannot believe the weather we are having. About 70 degrees and sunny in Anchorage. Ran to Dearmoun and back nice and easy but averaged 6:39 pace. I cannot go slower when I have good music, good weather, and feel good. Hopefully I'm still getting recovery out of it. I'm racing Turnagain arm trail run tomorrow. An 8 mile trail race that has lots of climbs, roots, and rocks. Should be fun and hard.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Age- 41 Occupation- Phy Ed/Athletic Director/Wrestling Coach @ South Anchorage High School

Blog Archive