May 18th- May 24th

Mileage for the Year 2009
1372 miles


Mileage for the week 5/18-5/24
50 miles


5/24
Off

Took a rest day today. Went out to a friends cabin and couldn't really run around thier so decided to reap the benefits of a day off to get ready for next week.

5/23
13 miles

I felt really good today. I ran the Boston Marathon loop and added another mile to get an even 13 miles. I felt pretty smooth and averaged 6:28 pace for the entire run. I went up Huffman at a good clip, but still didn't go all out and ran it in 6:58. My shape is pretty good right now.

5/22
7+ miles

Ran to Dearmoun and back today. Kept it easy. Felt pretty good and I have a little break now until wrestling camps begin and summer school.

5/21
6 miles

Kept it real easy today, but my legs were really tired because of the 2 previous days. I'm not use to doing those types of workouts for awhile. I managed to slow today's run to 7 min. pace, but I'd like to go slower still. That's what I liked about the treadmill this winter. I could go 7:30 pace and not accidentally go faster. I think I recovered faster that way.

5/20
8 miles (4.6 miles @ tempo (5:40ish)).

I did a nice 2.6 mile warm up to Huffman and then started my tempo to Dearmoun and back home. I felt pretty good. Just trying to stay relaxed and not run to fast. Not sure if I like the back to back workouts like it has in the Jack Daniels book. I think if I had a race on a saturday it would be good since it would give me 2 easy days before the race. If I don't I think I will stick to tuesday and thursday's for workouts. And yes, another beautiful sunny day while I was running. Didn't get much of a cool down (6 min.) since I had to pick the kids up from school.

5/19
11 miles (6x 1000m @ 5K pace)

3 mile warm-up
6 x 1000m @ 5K pace w/ 3 min. active recovery (each interval was at 3:13)
4 miles

Today was my first speed workout since the week before Boston. I got a nice warm-up and felt good on my intervals. Lots of rest in between sets, but didn't want to start to hard. I could feel that I worked hard though during my 4 mile easy run afterwards. And again, another beautiful sunny day in Anchorage. Loving the weather.


5/18
5+ miles

Ran to Huffman and back right after school. Beautiful out again and tried to keep it easy. 6:38 pace.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Age- 41 Occupation- Phy Ed/Athletic Director/Wrestling Coach @ South Anchorage High School

Blog Archive