June 8th- June 14th

Mileage for the Year 2009
1530 miles

Mileage for the week 6/8- 6/14
47 miles

6/14
12+ miles

I did the Mayors Marathon course from Bartlett to just past the Mooses Run golf course and back. I felt pretty good. My last couple miles were around 6:20 pace. I feel like I did a pretty good job this week with being super busy. I definetly didn't get the sleep I needed though. I hope I can get rested up and have a couple of good runs before next saturday's 10K in Fairbanks.

6/13
11 miles

I was able to get away from camp for a little bit and get a good quality workout in. I found this workout on-line called "The Michigan". Its a good 10K workout. Here it is:
2+ mile warm-up

1 mile hard- 5:12
1 mile steady- 6:00
1200 hard- 3:55
1 mile steady- 6:00
800 hard- 2:37
1 mile steady- 6:05
400 hard- 1:15
1 mile steady- 6:03
200 hard- 35 sec.

1 mile cool down.

6/12
Off

Not happy about it, but had no time to run. Very run down after summer school and camp.

6/11
9 miles

Summer school and the wrestling camp began. I didn't think I would have time to run. But I knew I needed to if I wanted to race well on June 20th. I ran at 10pm and finished at 11pm. I don't like running that late, but I felt good. I ran the south loop and felt strong too.

6/10
off

Wanted to run but seriously had no time. Summer school and moving wrestling mats all day!

6/9
9 miles

I ran the south loop at a pretty good clip (6:29 pace). Tried to stay smooth and I felt pretty good. Another beautiful and sunny day. Above 70 degrees at 5pm when I ran. I can't believe the weather we have been having since the end of april. Keep it up please.

6/8
6 miles

Nice and easy today with the heart rate monitor to Huffman and back with a little extra. Heart rate stayed below 150. Nice and warm out.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Age- 41 Occupation- Phy Ed/Athletic Director/Wrestling Coach @ South Anchorage High School

Blog Archive