June 29th- July 5th

Mileage for the Year 2009
1627 miles


Mileage for the week 6/29- 7/5
52 miles


7/5
Off

The Cadet/Junior Wrestling camp began today. I ended up wrestling a little greco and was exhausted at the end. Then the pain of my feet really started to kick in. Seriously thinking of cashing in the running for the rest of summer. Not fun with these feet constantly aching. Sucks big time!

7/4
5+ miles- recovery run

Nice and easy and slow today with the heart rate monitor. My feet are bothering me a little, but trying to really be careful with them. Some good downhill pounding yesterday. Hopefully they will hold up and stay good.

7/3
15+ miles (Lost Lake)

My favorite run in all of Alaska. Jerry and I went at a decent pace. Finished in 1 hr. 58min. Never pushed it, but kept it steady. Beautiful day outside. 75 degrees and not a cloud in the sky! Lots of people on the trail enjoying the day. I took a 10 min. dip in the cold lake by the Primose camp ground. So cold, but good.

7/2
5 miles

I had to get it done after work today. Ran it on the mille to keep it super easy. I've taken ice baths all week to help with my feet. So far so good!

7/1
13 miles

Nice and warm today. I was suppose to do 12 miles today, but with road construction it forced me to add a mile. I did my hilly Boston route. It was pretty warm out 78 degrees and I was definetly tired toward the end. Good effort. It was probably around 6:40 pace.

6/30
8 miles w/ 8 x 100m striders

Ran my lake otis route, but had to switch it up a little because of road constrction in kempton hills. It was nice and warm out 70 degrees. I'm sure I ran too fast but felt pretty good. I clocked a couple of miles around 6:15 pace. I've been lifting weight for the last week and I can feel it in my upper body. My arms were getting tired. Probably not the best thing for running.

6/29
6 miles

Nice and easy. First day of equinox training.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Age- 41 Occupation- Phy Ed/Athletic Director/Wrestling Coach @ South Anchorage High School

Blog Archive