July 12th- July 18th

Mileage for the Year 2010
1857 miles


Mileage for the week 7/12- 7/18
86 miles


7/18
18 miles

I had a great Equinox training run today. I was able to do six miles (out and back) from where we park for Arctic Valley. Then I ran up arctic valley and back down and then added on a little. Total time for my run was 2hrs. 10min. My effort going up was pretty good. I didn't go super hard, but not easy either. Plus, it was raining and the wind was blowing in my face on the way up. Nice to bank this run and have a nice week of training. Confidence is growing!!!!

7/17
10 miles (6am/4pm)

Nice and easy to Huffman and back with extra loop this morning. Legs and I felt tired. Didn't get much sleep. Family and I hike Winner creek in Girdwood in the afternoon. I ran from the Hand Tram to the car which was 3 and I added some. Kept it pretty easy though. Beautiful Hike today!

7/16
17 miles (13am/4pm)

I had a super run at noon. I ran my boston prep route and averaged 6:29pace. Not bad considering it has some good hills. I turned it into a progressive run and was probably close to running at Marathon pace towards the end. Nice and super easy on the treadmill on my pm run.

7/15
6 miles

Nice and easy today. Last day of wrestling camp.

7/14
13 miles

Ran the Boston prep route an added a mile. Felt pretty good, but legs a little tired. Averaged 6:42 pace for entire run.

7/13
12 miles (8am/4pm)

My morning run I ran 8 miles at general aerobic effort and added 8 x 100m striders at the end for some leg turn over. Super easy effort in the afternoon on the treadmill.

7/12
10 miles (6am/4pm)

A couple super easy recovery runs on the treadmill. I need to start getting in marathon training groove. More doubles and a couple of medium distance runs during the week to go along with my long runs on sunday. I'm excited where I'm at right now compared to last year at this time!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Age- 41 Occupation- Phy Ed/Athletic Director/Wrestling Coach @ South Anchorage High School

Blog Archive