July 5th- July 11th

Mileage for the Year 2010
1771 miles


Mileage for the week 7/5- 7/11
70 miles


7/11
20 miles

Ran with Jerry and Vin today. We had a "great run". Ran one of my favorites in "Lost Lake". I was a little worried about the achilles, but it felt great. Ran a good, but enjoyable pace on the way up and hit the down hill pretty hard. I added about 4.5 miles on the road to get an even 20. My longest run since boston. Iced the foot, achilles, and calf in glacier creek for about 6 minutes. That was harder then the run. A cold 37 degrees!

7/10
4 miles

I ran up Flattop with the wrestlers. Took it pretty easy (suppose to run an easy recovery today), but obviously its hard going up a mountain. Used different muscles. My achilles is aching a little now too.

7/9
12.5 miles

I ran from south high school today. I did my old figure 8 loop and did the lower 4 one more time to give me about 12.5 miles. My average was 6:45 pace. I had a small black bear walk across the road right in front of me on Abbott by the Zoo. I thought it was a large dog at first. Didn't really spook me much since there was lots of traffic. Good run too.

7/8
6 miles

Nice and easy on the treadmill. Had to run inside because no one to watch taelynn. Ran super easy, but it felt good. Legs are tired from wrestling.

7/7
12 miles

Ran the Boston prep route today. Legs a little tired from yesterday w/ tempo and wrestling. Took it easy at 6:49 pace.

7/6
9+ miles (4 @ Tempo)

I ran to Dearmoun and back and did an out and back on Lake Otis. My tempo felt pretty good. I started out real easy though. Here were the splits (6:00, 5:55, 5:46, 5:42) It was on uneven paved road. 3 mile cool down or steady around 6:45 pace. Tired toward the end.



7/5
6 miles

Nice and easy to Huffman and back with extra loop. Legs feel much better than yesterday. 2nd wrestling camp begins tomorrow.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Age- 41 Occupation- Phy Ed/Athletic Director/Wrestling Coach @ South Anchorage High School

Blog Archive