February 20th- February 26th

Mileage for the Year 2012
708 miles


Mileage for the week 2/20- 2/26
101 miles


2/26
24 miles

Ran 17 miles outside on my Boston prep route and extended it on Elmore to Tudor and back. Last 7 were done on the treadmill which I progressed down to 5:52 pace toward the end. Overall it was a good run. I took it out easy knowing I had to run 24 miles today, but I felt better the longer I ran. Good week of training with 101 miles too.

2/25
12 miles (8am/4pm)

Both runs were nice and easy at recovery pace. It felt good to just relax and get the legs moving a little.

2/24
17 miles (5am/12pm)

Nice and easy 5 miles at recovery pace in the morning.

In the afternoon I had a great workout. I believe I'm in uncharted territory right now with my fitness. I had my best Tempo workout yet.

3 mile warm-up w/ strides
7 miles @ Tempo (5:27, 5:27, 5:27, 5:21, 5:21, 5:15, 5:07)
2 mile cool down


My tempo felt great and in control. Granted my last mile was out of my tempo pace. This also give me some good confidence going into my 10K time trial next week.

2/23
11 miles (5am/6pm)

Still tired today from the Hawaii trip. Ran an easy 5 at lunch and 6 more after work. Both at recovery pace and I felt great during both runs. I'm excited for tomorrow's tempo workout! Plus it's Friday!!!!

2/22
15 miles

I flew into Anchorage at 5am and was at work by 7am. I only got about 3-4 hrs of sleep on the plane, so whatever I got wasn't quality sleep. I did manage to get my 15 miles in. Didn't feel the greatest. Started at 7:30 pace and progressed down to 5:56 pace. Need Sleep!!!!

2/21
12 miles (7am/5pm)

We ended up having to stay an extra day in Hawaii. Took advantage of it and ran 2 easy recovery runs. Beautiful out and enjoyable. Gonna miss running outside in just shorts for awhile.

2/20
10 miles- recovery

My last run on Oahu. I was able to sleep in a little (6:10am), which was nice. I kept it easy and ran my regular route past Diamond head and toward the Honolulu Marathon course. Beautiful morning out. I love running on this island. Heading back to Anchorage tonight!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Age- 41 Occupation- Phy Ed/Athletic Director/Wrestling Coach @ South Anchorage High School

Blog Archive