February 27- March 4th

Mileage for the Year 2012
810 miles


Mileage for the week 2/27- 3/4
102 miles


3/4
18 miles

Ran my Boston prep route and then jumped on the treadmill for the last 5.5 miles. My legs felt pretty good, but a little tired from the 10K yesterday. Running was really tough outside. Sidewalks were not cleared and I ran a lot on the roads dodging cars, etc.. Frustrating at times. Beautiful day though with the sun out. Another solid week too.

3/3
16 miles (33:39 10K) (12am/4pm)

Ran a 10K Time Trial today at the dome. Joe Alward, Jeff Heuselvedt, and Jake Moe were there too. I felt pretty strong today and I was consistent running 81 second 400's from mile 2 to the finish. Gonna run another one in a couple weeks.

An easy 4 miles of recovery in the afternoon.

3.5 mile warm-up
10K
3 mile cool down

3/2
10 miles (5am/5pm)

Both runs were nice and easy at recovery pace. Resting them up for tomorrow.

3/1
11 miles (5am/6pm)

Ran an easy 5 miles at recovery pace during lunch. Felt really good. Tired from getting up at 4:50am to get my wife and daughter to the airport. After school I ran an easy 6 miles outside to Huffman and back. Felt good to get some fresh air.

2/29
20 miles (5am/15pm)

Nice and easy recovery pace before work.

Snowed quite a bit this morning and I didn't want to fight it during my run this afternoon. So, I opted for the treadmill. Started at 7:30 pace and I progressed down to 5:52 pace. I felt really good this afternoon! Yesterday my legs were dead and today I felt like I had some spark in them. Gonna run pretty easy the next couple of days before my 10K time trial on saturday. I'm pretty fit and excited to see what I can run on saturday! Motivated!!!!!

2/28
15 miles (5am/10pm w/ 6 x 800m @ 5K pace)

Easy 5 miles before work at recovery pace.

After work I headed to the dome for some VO2 max work.

3 mile warm-up w/ strides
6 X 800m @ 5K pace w/ 90 sec. rest (2:36, 2:30, 2:29, 2:30, 2:29, 2:30)
4 mile cool down

My legs felt really heavy/dead during my warm-up and strides. I'm sure it had to do with my 100+ mile week and running 24 miles 2 days earlier. My first 800 was slow, due to not knowing pace. The rest were right on though. Felt a little better after each 800 I did. Kept the rest to 90 sec. too.

2/27
12 miles (5am/7pm)

Both easy recovery pace runs. Legs feel a little tired, but overall good once they are warmed up.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Age- 41 Occupation- Phy Ed/Athletic Director/Wrestling Coach @ South Anchorage High School

Blog Archive