February 6th- February 12th

Mileage for the Year 2012
522 miles


Mileage for the week 2/6- 2/12
100 miles


2/12
17 miles w/ 12 @ Marathon Pace

3 mile warm-up w/ a few strides
10 miles @ 5:42pace
1 mile @ 5:36
1 mile @ 5:27
2 mile cool down


This was a great confidence boost for me. I knew I was in pretty good shape going in. I just stayed relaxed the whole workout and it felt really comfortable. I picked it up the last couple miles to simulate a strong finish in Boston. I also got 100 miles for the week! Next week I'm in Hawaii and it's a cut back week to recover a little. 9 weeks till Boston!



2/11
12 miles (7am/5pm)

Both runs were at a super easy recovery pace. Took an ice bath after the evening run. Feeling really good about tomorrow's workout.

2/10
18 miles (5am/13pm)

Nice and easy recovery pace before school on the treadmill. In the afternoon I ran my Boston prep route with a little extra. I felt really good this evening. Unlike wednesday I took a little more fuel, but my legs felt strong and I felt like running faster, but I want to leave a little for sunday's marathon pace workout.

2/9
12 miles (7am/5pm)

Both runs today were at recovery pace. Lower back a little tight this morning, but warmed up nice. No school today either because of icy roads.

2/8
20 miles (5am/15pm)

Easy recovery run before school. Felt good.
Ran my Boston prep route with some extra in the afternoon. The conditions were good, but I felt a little tired. I'm just not use to waiting until 4pm to get my main run done. Nice to be outside though. Finished right before it turned dark too. Took an ice bath right after.

2/7
11 miles (5am/6pm)

Nice and easy recovery pace on the treadmill at lunch. In the afternoon I decided to run outside because the sun was out! Ran to Huffman and back. I kept it easy, but was tired. Snow was a little soft too. Nice to be outside though.

2/6
10 miles (5am/5pm)

Both super easy recovery pace runs. Now that wrestling is over, I'm gonna get my mileage up a little and focus on recovery.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Age- 41 Occupation- Phy Ed/Athletic Director/Wrestling Coach @ South Anchorage High School

Blog Archive