June 10th- June 16th "Week #17"

Mileage for the Year 2013
1,727 miles

Mileage for the week 6/10- 6/16
57 miles

6/16
6 miles

I waited until 8pm to get my run in today because of the late night. I was gonna take the day off, but I'm glad I ran now.  Next Saturday is the big day!

6/15
13 miles

Ran my boston prep route this morning.  Started at 7:20 pace and progressed down to 5:45 pace toward the end.  Average 6:27 pace for the run.  I felt great and I'm as ready as I'm going to be for next saturday!!! Just need to be careful about my diet and sleep and get to the line feeling good!!!!!!

6/14
6 miles- recovery

Beautiful and sunny out again today.  It's unbelievable the weather we've been having.  Ran an easy 6 miles at recovery pace, but my right hip has been bothering me when I start out.  Pretty painful actually today. Need to keep an eye on that for sure.

6/13
10 miles ( 3 x 1 mile @ 5K pace w/ 2 min rest)

I ran up to Hanshew's track today to do this workout.  I really wanted to do it on a track, so I didn't have to worry about traffic and see what I could do on a flat surface.  The first one felt the easiest and I really had to work the last 2.  Probably a little faster than 5K pace.  I would say longer 5K work is my least favorite workouts.  Anything over 800's I don't like. Lol

3 mile warm-up w/ 6 striders
3 x 1 mile (4:57, 4:58, 4:58)
4 miles of general aerobic/cool down

6/12
6 miles- recovery

Kept it super easy again.  I can't believe the weather we have been having. We really appreciate it more after the past 2 winters!  Gonna try not to eat so much during this taper. I want to keep my weight down while I'm not running as much.

6/11
10 miles (8 x 100m striders)

We are having some great weather lately!!!!  Ran my south loop and threw some striders in towards the end. Feeling great!  General Aerobic pace and I was running 6:15-20 pace with no effort.

6/10
6 miles- recovery

Another beautiful sunny day!  Kept it easy and I felt really good.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Age- 41 Occupation- Phy Ed/Athletic Director/Wrestling Coach @ South Anchorage High School

Blog Archive