June 3rd- June 9th "Week # 16"

Mileage for the Year 2013
1,670 miles

Mileage for the week 6/3- 6/9
88 miles

6/9
17 miles

Ran with Jerry Ross on the Mayors Marathon course.  It was nice to get a picture of the tank trail area.  I forgot how rocky some of that section is.  I'll have to make sure to pick a line and try not to waste a lot of energy through that section.  We ran basically 6:30 pace through the trails and then the last 5 miles I ran sub 6 pace and it felt pretty easy.  My last mile was around 5:40 pace.  Now I just need to get to the line feeling rested and healthy.  It's been a pretty good marathon build-up for this one.  I'm excited.

6/8
10 miles (5 @ Tempo)

Felt pretty good today.  I ran to Huffman and did my tempo between Huffman and Dearmoun back and forth and my last mile was gradually uphill from Huffman to O'Malley.  Here it is:

3 mile warm-up w/ striders
5 miles @ Tempo (5:21, 5:32, 5:29, 5:32, 5:32)
2 mile cool down

I really like doing this on the roads instead of the track.  It gives me an opportunity to run up and down hills while running at tempo pace.  Today I didn't even keep track of my mile splits just went off of effort and then looked at my Garmin after my workout.

6/7
14 miles (8am/6pm)

Both runs were easy pace and it was very hard to keep it easy because I felt really good.  Finally back in Alaska where the running temps are perfect!!!!!

6/6
7 miles (6 x 100m striders)

Had a great time at the Mumford and Sons concert last night.  Last run here in the desert, but I still ran up at the Club house because I slept in a little do to the late night.  Felt really good though running at recovery pace with some striders.  Looking forward to running in Anchorage temps tomorrow.

6/5
14 miles

I woke up at 5:15, because I did not want to run in the heat and I really wanted to run outside.  I was out the door before 6am and it felt pretty good outside.  It took me about a mile to get warmed up, but I felt good this run. Maybe I'm getting a little acclimated to this heat.  Started off easy and kept progressing.  My last couple miles were around 5:40- 5:45 pace.  Nice to have it done early in the morning.

6/4
14 miles (10am with 8x100m striders/4pm)

Ran both of my runs today at the club house.  In the morning I ran at general aerobic pace and did some striders towards the end.  I felt pretty good.  Super easy recovery in the afternoon.

6/3
12 miles (7am/5pm)

Both runs were easy recovery pace.  Decided to sleep in a little, so I did both runs at the club house on the treadmill to avoid the 109 degree temps here in Phoenix.  Legs a little sore from yesterday's long run.  I think it has to do more with the longer downhills affecting the quads, which is actually good for my training.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Age- 41 Occupation- Phy Ed/Athletic Director/Wrestling Coach @ South Anchorage High School

Blog Archive