June 24th- June 30th "Post Marathon Recovery"

Mileage for the Year 2013
1,807 miles

Mileage for the week 6/24- 6/30
28 miles

6/30
8 miles

Nice and cool overcast day.  Perfect for running.  I felt the best I have all week, but legs still tired.  I probably ran a little too fast, but wanted to turn the legs a little instead of just slugging along.  Averaged 6:48 pace, but ran a 6:10 last mile.  I'm gonna take it easy again next week, but plan on running Lost Lake easy on Wednesday.

6/29
6 miles

My back was super tight this morning and during my run.  I think I slept on my stomach too long.  It got a little better as the run went along. Kept it super easy again.  Wasn't the best run because of my back.

6/28
5 miles

Ran with a big group today from the Skinny Mini Store.  I actually just ran with Jerry and Ryan Beckett because we were keeping it real easy after the marathon still.  It was nice to see a group of motivated athletes.  Looks like we are in the process of getting an advanced group of runners together and do some races outside of the AK. It'll be nice to do some long runs in a group format as well as some track workouts too.

6/27
5 miles

Easy recovery.  Nice to get outside in this sun and burn some energy.  I did feel better than yesterday, but legs still dead!

6/26
4 miles

Super easy pace today.  I've been walking and it's felt good to get the legs moving, but I really wanted to try and run slow today.  Not much energy in the legs, but it felt good to run for 30 minutes and get the heart rate up.

6/25
Off- walking

6/24
Off- walking

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Age- 41 Occupation- Phy Ed/Athletic Director/Wrestling Coach @ South Anchorage High School

Blog Archive