October 21st- October 27th

Mileage for the Year 2013
2,744 miles

Mileage for the week 10/21- 10/27
58 miles

10/27
6 miles

An easy run before work today.  A light rain, but felt good being outside.  Wrestling begins on Wednesday. Gonna get busy.

10/26
10 miles

I woke up at 6am to get this run done, so I could enjoy my daughters dance recital today!!!! Felt awesome running in the dark and cool weather.  It was a clear sky and lots of stars out.  I felt pretty good this morning and usually it's hard for me to get going that early.  Nice to have out of the way too.

10/25
10 miles (5 @ Tempo)

Had a great run this morning.  I did a real easy 4 miles w/ 5 striders and then did a progressive tempo run.  It felt pretty darn easy, but I'm not really trying to get workouts in right now. Just wanted to spin the legs and get a harder effort in.  It was fun though.

4 mile warm-up w/ striders
5 miles (5:56, 5:52, 5:46, 5:42, 5:39)
1 mile cool down.

10/24
7 miles

Easy recovery pace after work today.  I'm feeling good and almost like I could start training serious for my next Marathon.  Wrestling starts next wednesday though, so I'm going to have to try and get my running in.  It'll be pretty busy starting wednesday until Boston in April. But, sometimes you gotta work hard to enjoy things.  I'm actually looking forward to it.

10/23
9 miles (10 x 20 sec. striders)

Sunny but cooler outside today.  Felt really good though.  Ran to Dearmoun and back and an extra mile.  Through in some striders toward the end to spin the legs a little.

10/22
6 miles

Very sore and my right hip was tight.  I wrestled last night with my son and a couple other kids.  I'm just not sure I can still do both at my age and be focused on running.  Anyways, easy pace for the entire run today.

10/21
10 miles

I ran my south loop right after work today.  I started at 7:22 pace and progressed down to 6:06 pace at the end. I felt pretty good and it was a beautiful fall day.  Suppose to get colder the next couple days, but warming up again this weekend.  Good effort today.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Age- 41 Occupation- Phy Ed/Athletic Director/Wrestling Coach @ South Anchorage High School

Blog Archive