May 12th- May 18th

Mileage for the Year 2014
1,490 miles

Mileage for the week 5/12- 5/18
60 miles

5/18
12+ miles

Ran my Boston prep route this morning.  Another beautiful sunny day in the AK!  My legs were tired and a little tight from yesterday's workout.  I still threw in 6 x 30 sec. striders at the end.

5/17
10 miles

Had a fun workout today. Todd List is helping me with getting a little more speed this summer and I plan on running a 10K and 5K this summer and get my 1/2 marathon time down in august before my fall marathon.  Here it was:

3 mile warm-up w/ striders
4X (2 min hard, 1 min easy, 1 min hard, 30 sec easy, 30 sec hard)- 5K pace
4 X 200m @ 1 mile pace
1.5 mile cool down

5/16
6.5 miles

Easy recovery pace on the turf at South.  Felt good and it was another beautiful day in paradise.  Super excited for my daughters dance recital tonight!!!!

5/15
10 miles

Ran in my Hokas again and on the turf field. Talk about a nice surface!  Started easy and ran at General Aerobic pace.  It's a lot of circles, but want to recover 1 more week from Boston.  Ran the last mile on the actual track in 6:15 pace.

5/14
10 miles (4 @ Tempo)

1/2 day at work because of graduation, so I was able to start my run around 11:30am today.  It was my first workout since Boston.  I did my tempo miles between Huffman and Dearmoun and they felt ok.  I kept them around 5:35 pace since I didn't want to push it.  I also ran in my Hoka's since I left my trainers at work yesterday.  I felt pretty good and it was nice to know my Achilles is pretty much all healed up!

3 mile warm-up
4 miles @ Tempo (5:35 pace avg.)
3 miles @ General aerobic (6:30 pace).

5/13
5.5 miles

Easy after work tonight.  I work the Hoka's for the first time and they felt great.  I'm thinking of using these as my recovery running shoes.

5/12
6 miles

Super easy recovery pace on the field turf at South.  Another beautiful and sunny day.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Age- 41 Occupation- Phy Ed/Athletic Director/Wrestling Coach @ South Anchorage High School

Blog Archive