May 5th- May 11th

Mileage for the Year 2014
1,430 miles

Mileage for the week 5/5- 5/11
44 miles

5/11
10 miles

Ran after work today at Skinny Raven.  It was close to 70 degrees and sunny!  Ran my South Loop with an extra mile. Kept it general aerobic pace and threw in 8 X 30 second pick ups.  I'm not gonna lie, I still feel pretty trashed in my legs. I need a massage!

5/10
8 miles

Beautiful sunny day in Anchorage.  Ran to Dearmoun and back.  It felt so good to be outside in the sun.  My legs felt pretty good too.  Still have pain in my left heel.  It's definitely something I feel comfortable running through.

5/9
8 miles

Ran on the field turf again. Kept it easy and my left heal still hurts.  I've had this before and it gets better when I warm up. Gonna ice and stretch and continue to run easy.  Another beautiful sunny day!!! Happy it's the weekend too.

5/8
6+ miles

Another easy run.  Ran around the campus of South Anchorage.  Mostly softball, football fields.  I kept it easy, but legs feel a little tired still.  I may take a day of no running tomorrow just because.  I want to make sure I'm recovered from this marathon.

5/7
6 miles

Another easy 6 on the turf with some striders.  I felt good. I believe my Achilles is healed.  I'll continue to do my eccentric exercises and take it easy all this week.

5/6
Off

5/5
6 miles

Super easy on the field turf at South.  Probably the best I felt since starting back to some sort of running. No pain at all in my Achilles which is awesome!  I'm still tender in my left heal region, but was better as I  warmed up.  I even did 6 x 20 second striders.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Age- 41 Occupation- Phy Ed/Athletic Director/Wrestling Coach @ South Anchorage High School

Blog Archive