May 26th- June 2nd

Mileage for the Year 2014
1,593 miles

Mileage for week 5/26- 6/1
40 miles


6/1
Off- Elliptical for 90 minutes

5/31
Off- Elliptical for 75 minutes

5/30
Off- Elliptical for 60 minutes

5/29
6 miles

My run this morning sucked!  My heel pain is not getting any better at all. I'm sure it's Plantar Faciaitis.  It's tolerable, but it's no fun and it does hurt.  It's been hurting since May 5th and I wonder if it is related to my achilles injury before Boston.  I'm not sure what I'm going to do.  I'm going to read some literature and learn how to heal it.  I'm not going to be running in the mornings anymore for sure, because that's when it's worse.  Maybe move to softer surfaces again for awhile.  Maybe pool and elliptical for a week or more. Ugggh...

5/28
6 miles

Easy recovery pace before work today.  Took it real slow to recover and to warm up my left heel.  Nice to run in the morning though.

5/27
10 miles (8 x 400m @ 5K pace w/ 1:30 rest)

Ran after work today from Skinny Raven.  I ran home and did the 400s on King St. I felt pretty good tonight and was fun to do a 400m workout. I think it's the first time I've done one in the last 7 years.

Here it is:
3 mile warm-up w/ Striders
8 x 400m (1:14-1:16 pace)
4 mile general aerobic

5/26
6 miles

Super easy recovery to Huffman and back.  Still smokey and my left heel is still painful, but goes away intermittently or gets better as I run.  It definitely feels better when I run on softer surfaces.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Age- 41 Occupation- Phy Ed/Athletic Director/Wrestling Coach @ South Anchorage High School

Blog Archive