June 2nd- June 8th

Mileage for the Year 2014
1,625 miles

Mileage for the week 6/2- 6/8
32 miles (3 hrs. of elliptical)

6/8
10 miles

I woke up early  to get some coffee and take the time to warm-up my foot to run.  I iced and rolled and stretched.  It felt pretty darn good in my run.  I ran my south loop today and started at 7:15 pace and was sub 6 the last couple.

6/7
6 miles

Ran to Huffman and back. Super easy today and my legs felt tired.  It probably had to do with yesterday's run and possibly the effects of my massage.  Todd List gave me a heel cup to try out.  Added cushion and has a fascia plate.  I think it helped a little, so I'll continue to use it in my walk around shoes and running.

6/6
10 miles

Ran my south loop today.  I'm sure I felt good today, because my legs are fresh.  I started at 7:20 pace, but last few miles were 6:20 pace and it felt easy.  Heel still had annoying pain though.

6/5
6 miles

First run today in a week.  Ran to Huffman and back. Heel still feels the same.  I'm not going to just sit around and wait for it to get better, because it might not improve.  As long as I can tolerate it and it doesn't get worse I should be fine.  I'm going to continue to be very active in my stretching, rolling, and icing.  I also got a Sports massage for the 1st time today by Katie.  It was very enlightening and I'm a mess:)  Gonna try to get one every 2 weeks until my Fall marathon.

6/4
Off- Elliptical 60 minutes

6/3
Off- Elliptical 60 minutes

6/2
Off- Elliptical 60 minutes

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Age- 41 Occupation- Phy Ed/Athletic Director/Wrestling Coach @ South Anchorage High School

Blog Archive