June 16th- June 22nd

Mileage for the Year 2014
1,806 miles

Mileage for the week 6/16- 6/22
94 miles

6/22
18 miles

I had a real good run today.  Stayed out way too late with Jerry Ross last night though.  I was able to get my run started at 2pm.  Started out at 7:28 pace and progressed down to a fast 5:35 last mile.  Ran my hilly Boston prep route too with elmore extention.  I had a solid week and I'll continue to do the little things for my heel pain.

6/21
12 miles (7am/5pm)

Both were recovery pace.  Ran to Huffman and back with some extra in the morning.  Ran with Jerry Ross on Chester and Coastal Trail in the evening.  Was nice to run with someone and somewhere different.  Felt good.

6/20
15 miles (10am/5pm)

Ran my South loop before work this morning.  Takes me a couple of miles to warm up for sure.  Felt pretty good running.  Started at 7:45 pace and progressed down to 6:20 pace. My left heel was a little annoying, but ok.

Easy recovery pace after work.  Felt really good and was warm and sunny!

6/19
8 miles

Easy recovery pace after work.  I ran home from the Mini and added a couple miles.  Sun was out too:)

6/18
13 miles

Started running at 8am this morning to be able to make it to my sports massage with Katie.  Ran my Boston prep route.  I felt ok. Started at 7:30 pace and progressed down to 6:10 pace.  Left heel was ok, actually both my feet were a little beat up.  The massage was also painful, but in a good way:)

6/17
16 miles (10 miles w/ 10 x 20 sec striders in AM/ 6 miles PM)

Was able to get up early and run my south loop before a 10-7 shift at the Raven.  I was surprised to wake up and see that the sun was out.  I made some coffee and began stretching my calves and foot.  If I have to get up an hour before my run to do this then so be it.  I ran at general aerobic pace starting at 7:30 pace and progressing down to 6:20-6:30 pace.  Felt good to throw in the strides too.

Easy recovery pace after work today.  Ran home from Skinny Raven.

6/16
12 miles (6am/6pm)

Both runs were easy recovery pace to Huffman and back.  My legs did feel tired and my heel was bothering me a little.  I didn't run in the Hoka in the morning and maybe my heel bothered me more with the less cushion.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Age- 41 Occupation- Phy Ed/Athletic Director/Wrestling Coach @ South Anchorage High School

Blog Archive