June 23rd- June 29th

Mileage for the Year 2014
1,918 miles

Mileage for the week 6/23- 6/29
112 miles

6/29
18 miles

Great Long run today.  I woke up about 2 hrs before I took off.  Had some coffee and toast.  It was a beautiful sunny day!!!!!! Started at 7:30 pace and progressed down to a 5:39 last mile.  I started pushing the pace a little at the 8 mile mark and I felt great.  I'm surprised a little too since this is also a new mileage PR of 112 miles.  I must be getting fit.  Time to recover tomorrow and get a massage.

6/28
13 miles (7am/6pm)

A couple of great runs today.  Both were at easy recovery pace and both were in the sun!!!!!  Hoping tomorrow's long run has good weather too.

6/27
18 miles (12am/6pm)

Makes a big difference when I can get some sleep and wake up and have a little breakfast before getting out and running.  I felt pretty good today after a couple miles.  I ran my Boston prep route again which I plan on running a lot this summer because it has some good hills for me.  Started at 7:30 pace and progressed down to a 5:30 last mile.  I even ran up Huffman in sub 7.  Nice to have a run like this while building up my mileage, because the last few days my legs have felt tired.

Easy Recovery pace to Huffman and back in the evening.  Legs felt tired, but was enjoyable to listen to music while running easy.

6/26
13 miles (7am/6pm)

Both runs were at recovery pace, but my legs did feel tired. They did feel better as I warmed up though.  I also have now run 4 straight runs in the rain.  Lame.

6/25
21 miles (15am/6pm)

I woke up at 6am so I could get out the door by 7am to get my 15 miler done.  The way my heel is, I really need to get up and move around and stretch to be able to run early in the morning.  I ran my Boston prep route w/ Elmore extention.  I took me awhile to warm-up and I really never felt great during the entire run.  It also started raining pretty good about 1/2 way into the run.  Nice to have it done before work though.

Ran an easy recovery pace home from work.  I actually really enjoy these runs after work.  It's a nice and quick way to double.

6/24
16 miles (10am w/ 4@ Tempo/ 6pm)

Pretty good workout this morning.  I did my tempo miles between Huffman and Dearmoun with the rolling hills.  I felt pretty good, but not as good as I have.  The first tempo miles are usually the roughest in my build-up for a marathon though.  Here is the workout:

3 mile warm-up w/ strides
4 miles Tempo (Between 5:34-5:40 pace w/ no rest)
3 miles- General Aerobic pace.

In the evening I did an easy 6 miles at recovery pace to Huffman and back.  Sun was shining on both runs, so that was nice:)

6/23
13 miles (7am/6pm)

Both easy recovery runs today.  In the evening I decided to run by taelynns dance studio on the trails.  It was nice to do something different.  Felt pretty good today.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Age- 41 Occupation- Phy Ed/Athletic Director/Wrestling Coach @ South Anchorage High School

Blog Archive