June 9th- June 15th

Mileage for the Year 2014
1,712 miles

Mileage for the week 6/9- 6/15
87 miles

6/15
16 miles

I was out the door by 8am and ran my Boston prep route and elmore extention before work at Skinny Raven.  Started at 7:30 pace and progressed down to a 5:52 last mile.  Legs felt a little tired the first 4-5 miles, but then I warmed up nice.  This was a great first week of training for Bemidji.  It's really encouraging and I'm surprised I ran 87 miles, because it didn't feel like it.  It helps to run doubles and I kept my recovery runs very easy.

6/14
11 miles (6am/5pm)

Both runs were at easy recovery pace.  Ran my Huffman and back route and I felt pretty good once my legs got moving.  Hoping to have my 1st long run in a long time before work tomorrow.

6/13
10 miles

I had another great run today. I ran my South loop and started at 7:20 pace and progressed down to 6 min. pace.  I felt really comfortable and tried to work on running with an efficient form and quicker leg turnover.  Heel wasn't even an issue!!!!! I need to keep up with the rehab though.

6/12
12 miles (6am/6pm)

Super easy this morning before work to Huffman and back.  Felt good getting it done before work and I enjoy the recovery pace sometimes.  I ran from Skinny Raven after work today.  Kept it easy too.

6/11
12 miles

I had a real good run today. Got off work at 3pm and I ran my Boston prep route.  I started at 7:20 pace and progressed down to 5:40 pace.  My last 5 miles were sub 6.  I averaged 6:23 pace for the run. I'm not sure why I decided to run a little faster today, it could be because my heel felt super good.  I felt good, but I also felt like I was working too.  I'm sure I'll be sore tomorrow, so I'll keep it recovery pace.  This is encouraging.  When you have an injury, it starts to make you not take things for granted.

6/10
14 miles (10am w/10x20 sec strides/4pm)

Ran my 1st run at noon in the pouring rain. Ran my South loop and started at 7:15 pace and progressed down to 6:15 pace.  Threw in 10 strides towards the end. Felt good.

Super easy recover pace to Abbott and back in the evening. Pouring rain again.

6/9
12 miles (6am/6pm)

Easy recovery to Huffman and back this morning.  Felt good running in the light rain.  Kept it easy and my heel felt pretty good.

Another easy recovery pace in the afternoon.  Same route.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Age- 41 Occupation- Phy Ed/Athletic Director/Wrestling Coach @ South Anchorage High School

Blog Archive