May 19th- May 25th

Mileage for the Year 2014
1,553 miles

Mileage for the week 5/19- 5/25
63 miles

5/25
14 miles

I felt great today.  Actually probably the best I felt since Boston.  Started at 7:25 pace and progressed down to my last 3 miles were all sub 6.  Still have heel pain though.  Ran my Boston prep route too.  The fires from Kenai are making it really hazy and smoky out.

5/24
9 miles

3 mile warm-up w/ striders
3 x 1200m @ Tempo (5:27 pace) w/ 2 min rest
1 x 1600m (1:25, 1:20, 1:15, 1:10)
2 mile cool down

I did my Tempo work between Huffman and Dearmoun and the mile on the track at Hanshew.  I felt pretty good.


5/23
9 miles

LAST DAY OF SCHOOL!!!!! Ran a General Aerobic pace to Dearmoun and back with an extra mile before heading up to South.  I felt pretty good and it was nice to do it before work.  My left heal still hurts, I may not race the Twilight 12K next friday.

5/22
6 miles

Easy recovery pace on the turf.  Kept it super easy.  Felt ok.


5/21
9 miles w/ 5 x 1000m

Ran after work from Skinny Raven.  Did an easy 3 mile warm-up w/ striders.  I felt better and better as I did my 1000m intervals.  I was able to do them back and forth on King Street, so the terrain was pretty flat with some rolling sections.

Here it is:
3 mile warm-up w/ striders
5 x 1000m (5:30ish pace with last 2 sub 5:20 pace)- 2 min rest-1:45 rest
2 mile cool down.

My left heel is super tender in the morning.  I can barely put weight on it.  It gets so much better as the day goes on until I don't really feel it anymore.  Frustrating.......

5/20
10 miles (6am/4pm)

Both were easy recovery pace.  Ran on the turf at south and then my 2nd run was from Skinny Raven on Dimond.  My legs felt pretty good.  My left heel hurts pretty good when I put weight on it and especially in the morning.  Not sure if it's plantar faciatis or not. It does feel a heck of a lot better after its warmed up, but still bothers me that it's not getting a lot better.  I still feel like an old man and I'm going to get a massage this week.

5/19
6 miles

Easy recovery pace on the field turf at South.  I ran the last 20+ minutes barefoot.  Felt pretty good, but still have that left heel pain.  Still tolerable.  Did some eccentric calve raises when finished.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Age- 41 Occupation- Phy Ed/Athletic Director/Wrestling Coach @ South Anchorage High School

Blog Archive