March 30th- April 5th

Mileage for the Year 2015
865 miles

Mileage for the week 3/30- 4/5
101 miles

4/5
20 miles

I woke up and saw snow and it was barely snowing outside.  It would've been fine running outside, but I didn't feel like dealing with it and getting wet with the slush.  Plus, I wanted to run a little faster today, so I went to the AK club West.

Started at 7:30 pace and was sub 7 by mile 3.  I was sub 6:30 by mile 10. 6:00 min pace by 15 and last 5 miles were sub 5:52 pace.

I felt really good and of course it's just easier on the treadmill, but I lost a lot of water and was pretty dehydrated at the end.

Solid week of training, but still trying to shake this annoying head cold:(

4/4
6 miles (10 x 20 sec. strides)

Easy recovery pace this morning.  Felt really good running.  Always nice running at 8am compared to 6am:)

4/3
17 miles (5am/12pm)

Easy 5 before work and felt good. So glad it's friday!

After school I did my South loop with some extra.  First run in shorts outside for the year!!!! Legs a little tired.  Started at 7:20 pace and progressed down to 6:10pace.  Still a little discomfort in left hip, but not bad.

4/2
12 miles (7am/5pm)

Both were easy recovery pace today.  A little discomfort in my left hip.  I'll keep an eye on it.

4/1
20 miles (5am/15pm)

Easy recovery pace in the morning before work.

Ran my Boston Prep route after work.  Good to get outside and run the hills.  Legs tired and my left hip was bothering me a little from the downhills. Good effort though.

3/31
15 miles (11am w/ 6 @ Tempo and 4pm)

I just don't like waiting for workouts after work, so I woke up early to get it done.  Still congested and blowing green snot from chest and nose. Ugh....  Felt pretty good the entire workout after I was warmed up.

3 mile warm-up w/ strides
6 mile @ Tempo (5:36, 5:33, 5:30, 5:27, 5:24, 5:21)
2 mile cool down

Easy 4 miler after work with stretching in the sauna after.


3/30
11 miles (6am/5pm)

Both runs were easy recovery pace today.  My legs were really tired after yesterday's long run.  Just part of the process.  Once I was warmed up I felt pretty darn good.  Still stuffed up though:(

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Age- 41 Occupation- Phy Ed/Athletic Director/Wrestling Coach @ South Anchorage High School

Blog Archive