April 6th- April 12th

Mileage for the Year 2015
967 miles

Mileage for the week 4/6- 4/12
102 miles

4/12
22 miles

Woke up at 5am to start running at 6am.  It was actually nice to start in the dark and gradually see the light.  Perfect running conditions though and plus it was nice to get it done.

Started from the Post office building and ran to totem and back.  Then I ran to the coastal trail and ran to westchester then the sullivan arena and back.  Nice to vary the course.  Started at 7:30 pace and progressed to about 6:40 pace by mile 4.  Last mile was 5:40 pace.

4/11
6 miles

Slept in until 6:45am. LOL  I was sleeping by 10:30p, so I did get a lot of sleep which was good.  I was finally able to eat breakfast and relax and lounge at home this morning for a change.  Started my run around 11am.

Kept it super easy to recover from yesterday and my big 22 miler tomorrow.  Looking forward to it.


4/10
17 miles (11am w/ 6 @ Tempo and 6pm)

Wanted to get this workout done, so I could enjoy my afternoon after work today.  Had a real good tempo session, but it was very hot in the training room today.  I seemed to have to work a little in the beginning until I got my rhythm.

3 mile warm-up w/ strides
6 miles tempo (5:33- 5:20 pace)
2 mile cool down

An easy 6 miler to Huffman and back right after work.  Weekend is finally here!!!!

4/9
11 miles (6am/5pm)

Both runs were easy easy pace.  Felt good and looking forward to my tempo workout tomorrow!!! Plus it's friday!!!!

4/8
20 miles (5am/15pm)

Super easy in the morning.  Right hip flexor was a little tight in the beginning, but warmed up and I didn't feel it at all.

After school I went to Westchester to start my run.  Ended up running to Totem and back with a little out and back to the post office to make it 15.  A little tired the first few miles, but then I started to feel really good.  Nice to run outside somewhere new for a change.  Started at 7:30 pace and progressed down to 6:10 pace.

4/7
13 miles (7am/6pm)

Same as yesterday.  Nice to have a couple easy days back to back.  Felt good, but legs a little tired.

4/6
13 miles (7am/6pm)

Couple of easy recovery runs today.  I felt pretty good during both runs.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Age- 41 Occupation- Phy Ed/Athletic Director/Wrestling Coach @ South Anchorage High School

Blog Archive