April 27th- May 3rd

Mileage for the Year 2015
1,247 miles

Mileage for the week 4/27- 5/3
107 miles

5/3
24 miles

It was a beautiful sunny morning.  Love running weather like this.  Started at Westchester and went to Totem and back on the Coast trail for my 1st 13 miles then grabbed a quick gu and some water and headed out on Chester Creek trail to the Native Hospital and back to get 24 miles.  I felt pretty good and was running 6:30-6:35 pace for most of the run.  The last couple miles were closer to 6:10 pace.  Solid week of training.

5/2
6 miles

Easy recovery pace before work at Skinny Raven.  Felt good and looking forward to a 24 miler tomorrow!!!!

5/1
17 miles (5am/12pm with 7 @ Tempo)

Easy 5 miler before work.  Felt good, but usually tired when waking up on Fridays.

Right after work I went to 620 to do this workout.  I was really pleased with this workout.  I felt really strong at the paces.

3 mile warm-up w/ strides
7 miles @ Tempo (5:33, 5:27, 5:27, 5:27, 5:21, 5:21, 5:15)
2 mile cool down

4/30
12 miles (7am/5pm)

Easy cheesy recovery miles today during both runs.  Sometimes these can get boring and monotanous, but I know they are beneficial to the big goal:)

4/29
20 miles (5am/15pm)

Super easy recovery pace before school. Felt good and easy like it should.

Ran from Westchester to Totem and back with a couple miles extra.  Started out around 7:15 pace and was sub 7 by mile 3.  Had a pretty good head wind on stretches, but also a nice tail wind on parts.  Last mile was around 5:35.  Felt really good today.

4/28
16 miles (6am/10pm with 10 x 20 sec. strides)

Easy recovery before work.  Felt good.

Ran my South loop right after work.  Did some strides on Lake Otis on the way back.  Sun was out and my legs felt pretty good turning over.

4/27
12 miles (7am/5pm)

Both easy on the treadmill (Recovery).  Felt pretty good during both, but I do notice that darn right hip flexor.  Gets a lot better as I warm up, but kind of bugging me.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Age- 41 Occupation- Phy Ed/Athletic Director/Wrestling Coach @ South Anchorage High School

Blog Archive