April 20th- April 26th

Mileage for the Year 2015
1,140 miles

Mileage for the week 4/20- 4/26
76 mile "Recovery Week"

4/26
16 miles

So nice to sleep in a little and eat a small breakfast before running.  Nice day out with a little north wind.  Started at Westchester and ran to Totem and back with some extra to get 16.  Took it out real easy.  Picked it up a little the last 4 miles.  Right around 6 min. pace.  Felt good.

4/25
6 miles (10 x 20 sec. strides)

A little recovery with speed.  Got up a little early to finish before working at the Raven.

4/24
12 miles

Ran my Boston prep route right after work today.  Felt pretty good and was nice to pound the pavement a little.  Also, pounded the quads on the downhills.  I'm feeling pretty fit.  Didn't want to push it too much though, since this is a recovery week.  Last mile was 6:01.

4/23
11 miles (8am/3pm)

Easy recovery pace on both runs.  My right hip was really hurting in the morning before I ran during the school day.  After I rolled and stretched it some, I didn't feel it at all during my run.  I'm pretty sure it's my hip flexor just aggrevated. It'll be ok.

4/22
10 miles (6 x 800m w/90 sec. rest)

After work today I warmed up to Huffman and did my workout between Huffman and Dearmoun Rd.  My first VO2 max workouts are usually tough and this one was the same.  With the hills, etc.  I probably averaged 2:32 on the 800's.  I felt recovered though on the 90 sec which was nice.  The next VO2 max workouts usually feel better.

3.5 mile warm-up w/ strides
6 x 800m @ 5K pace w/ 90 sec. rest
3.5 mile cool down.

4/21
10 miles

Had a great run today on my South loop after work.  General Aerobic pace.  Started at 7:30 and progressed to 6:10 pace.  My right hip was acting up the first 1/2 mile, but eventually went away.  Need to massage that area (hip flexor).

4/20
11 miles (6.5am/4.5pm)

WTF!!!! Still have a head cold.  It's been almost 5 weeks now..... Body feels good running, but it's getting annoying!!!!!!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Age- 41 Occupation- Phy Ed/Athletic Director/Wrestling Coach @ South Anchorage High School

Blog Archive