July 13th- July 19th

Mileage for the Year 2015
2,118 miles

Mileage for the week 7/13- 7/19
106 miles

7/19
16 miles

I woke up at 5am, so I could get downtown and start working for the Her Tern Half Marathon.  Corbyn and I were in charge of setting up and taking down all the aide stations.  It ended up being a 9hr. day with clean-up, but it was a lot of fun and nice to see that all the women were enjoying the race.

I was able to start my run around 3:15p and I decided to take off from Westchester and go to Totem and back with some extra to get 16.  I was a little tired from being up early and moving some heavy stuff (water, etc.) around.  I felt pretty comfortable running and went from 7:30 pace to 5:40 pace.  Warm and sunny out too.  Lots of people out enjoying the sun on the Coastal Trail.

7/18
16 miles (10am/6pm)

I was going to do my long run today with some tempo, but my legs were dead.  I thought they would warm up after a couple miles, but I had nothing in them so I just decided to keep the pace easy and try again tomorrow.  Ran my South loop.

Felt much better in the evening.  Ran to Huffman and back.

7/17
17 miles (11am/6pm)

Ran from Studio 49 this morning and I felt really good.  I kept it recovery even though I felt like picking it up.  I threw in 10 x 20 sec striders, but came up on some moose twice during the strides and had to detour my route, so I ended up running 11 instead of 10.

An easy 6 miles to Huffman and back in the evening.  Gonna do my long run tomorrow before work, since I work at 5:30am on Sunday and I don't want to run long in the evening Sunday.

7/16
16 miles (10am/6pm)

Started off really slow in the morning before work.  Kept it recovery pace, but I was tired.  Ran my South loop.  After work I took off from Skinny Raven and ran on the coastal trail at an easy recovery pace too.  Felt tired!

7/15
19 miles (13am/6pm)

Ran my Boston prep route.  I started off easy, but went General Aerobic by mile 3.  I felt pretty good running and had some bounce to my stride.  Nice and sunny out too.

Ran to Huffman and back in the evening.  Kept it really easy and I was tired but warmed up after a couple of easy miles.

7/14
16 miles (10am/6pm)

Ran my South loop before work this morning and my legs were tired and heavy!!!! Kept it super easy and slow.  After work at 7:30 (9 hr. day) I ran another easy recovery pace to Huffman and back.  Legs were tired again, but warmed up the last few miles and I felt way better.

7/13
6 miles

Super tired today.  I fished again dip-netting on the Kenai and we caught 41 fish.  I was on my feet all day and I ate like crap.  Just ran along the side of a busy Sterling HWY before I drove for 2 1/2 hrs. home.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Age- 41 Occupation- Phy Ed/Athletic Director/Wrestling Coach @ South Anchorage High School

Blog Archive