July 6th- July 12th

Mileage for the Year 2015
2012 miles

Mileage for the week 7/6- 7/12
100 miles

7/12
10 miles

Went dip-netting today and it was a blast.  Decided to stay another day and go again tomorrow.  Ended up running an easy 10 miles on a dirt trail right next to the Sterling HWY.

7/11
17 miles

My 10 mile run turned into 17:)  I decided during the run to head to my buddy's house in Kenai to go fishing for the weekend and might as well get my long run done today.  I kept it really easy the first half and pretty much the whole run, but did pick it up a little at the end and ran a sub 6 mile.  Felt good and it was sunny and warm out!  Ran my Boston prep route w/ Elmore Extention.

7/10
15.5 miles (10am/5.5pm)

Both runs were easy.  I ran my south loop in the morning and I actually felt like a runner again.  1st time since the 4th of July weekend.  Ran another easy run with Jerry Ross in the evening.  Felt good!

7/9
16.5 miles (10am/6.5pm)

Easy recovery pace on my South Loop.  Legs a little tired from yesterday's workout, but felt better as I ran.  Kept it easy.

Ran with Wendy on the turnagain arm trail in the late afternoon.  Ran super easy, but it was fun and a nice change of pace.

7/8
16 miles (5am/11pm 4 x 1.5 miles @ Tempo)

Easy 5 miler in the morning.  Felt ok, but a little vertigo.  Maybe too much coffee:)

Ran with the training group in the evening at 6pm.  We met at Westchester and the loop for the workout was cool.  Had a good hill up to West in it.  I felt ok, but I'm not recovered yet from the Marathon and the Lost Lake/Mt. Marathon weekend.  Legs still feel kinda dead.  I was working a little harder then I should've during the workout.  It's ok, just gonna run easy the rest of week.

3 mile warm-up
4 x 1.5 mile tempo w/ 2+ min recovery
1.5 mile cool down

7/7
15 miles (10am/5pm)

Ran from Studio 49 on Chester Creek trail.  Felt ok, but still tired.  Kept it real easy.   Ran with Jerry Ross in the evening at recovery pace too.  Ran out on coastal trail.

7/6
10 miles

Easy recovery pace on my South loop.  Legs still a little tired from weekend.  Also, my neck has been kind of messed up even before the Mayors marathon.  Really tight.  I need a massage for sure.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Age- 41 Occupation- Phy Ed/Athletic Director/Wrestling Coach @ South Anchorage High School

Blog Archive