July 27th- August 2nd

Mileage for the Year 2015
2,302 miles

Mileage for the week 7/27- 8/2
76 miles

8/2
16 miles

Ran around Lake Bemidji.  This is actually one of my favorite runs.  A lot of it has to do with my childhood memories of the town of Bemidji.  Plus, it's a good route alongside the lake.  I didn't have a very good run though.  It was warm and humid and the last few miles were kind of a death march.  I was done by mile 16.  I haven't felt so dead like that in a long time.

8/1
6 miles

We finally made it to Bemidji!!!!!! Drove from Saskatoon to Bemidji. 725 miles.  Was able to run around Lake Irving out to my uncle Jims house after the long drive.  Felt pretty good.  I'm glad we are finally done driving for awhile.  I'm happy I was able to get out for just a little bit each day and run, but my diet wasn't very good.

7/31
8 miles

Drove from Ft. St. John to Saskatoon. 735 miles.  We stopped for an hour and I was able to run in Llyod Minister for 8 miles.  Found a straight stretch of road that led to a nice dirt country road.  I did some 45 sec. pick ups the last couple of miles.

7/30
7 miles

We drove from Whitehorse to Ft. St. John which was a long day.  850  miles!  I was able to stop in Ft. Nelson and run for about 50 minutes.  It sure makes a difference to get the legs moving.

7/29
5 miles

Started my trip to Minnesota with my son.  Bringing him down to college with his car. We left at 6am and made it to whitehorse, Canada. 705 miles.  We found a nice campsite at the edge of town.  I was able to get out and run for 45 minutes and it felt great to move.

7/28
17 miles (11am w/ 2 x 2 x 1 x 1 Tempo w/ > 2 min rest and 6pm)

Ran from Studio 49 after I dropped Tae off this morning.  Had a pretty good tempo workout on campbell creek trail.  Felt pretty good, but maybe a little too fast for tempo.

3.5 mile warm-up w/ strides
2X2X1X1 temp w/> 2 min rest (5:25 avg.)
2 mile cool down

Easy recovery to Huffman and back in the evening.  Felt really good.  Now for a big road trip to Minnesota with my son. Gonna do my best to get out of the car and run a little each day.  I should get to Minnesota on Sunday afternoon.

7/27
16 miles (10am/6pm)

Ran my South Loop before work this morning.  I was really tired when I woke up and I felt tired in the beginning of my run too.  I did warm up and start feeling better though.

Felt much better running after work.  Ran to Huffman and back at recovery pace.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Age- 41 Occupation- Phy Ed/Athletic Director/Wrestling Coach @ South Anchorage High School

Blog Archive