August 3rd- August 9th

Mileage for the Year 2015
2,424 miles

Mileage for the week 8/3- 8/9
122 miles

8/9
18 miles

I was pretty darn sick last night.  Coughing and lots of congestion and just warn down too. I called it an early night and got 11 hrs. of sleep!!!! Still a little droggy and congested in the morning. Wasn't sure I was going to run and I was kinda ok with it.  But, after breakfast and some coffee I felt okay to get a very easy 45 min. in.  After a couple of miles, I started to feel great! My legs had lots of spring and I felt good.  Heart rate was low and I just decided to keep on running.  Had one of my best runs here in Bemidji actually.  I'll take it.  Just got to make sure I get rid of this cold.

8/8
16 miles (10am/6pm)

Definetly have some type of cold going on.  Runny nose, mucus, coughing, and  feel a little tired.  Took me awhile to wake up with a little breakfast and coffee.  Felt much better when I got out running though.  Took it super easy out on Lake Bemidji route. Muggy!!!

Same afternoon route I've been doing.  Sun was out and it was humid!  Felt okay, but kept it recovery pace.

8/7
18 miles (12am/6pm)

Ran out on Birchmont to my Grandpa Ritchie's old house and back.  It was very warm and very humid.  It looked like I jumped in the lake when I was finished.  Made it a progressive run.  First 4 miles easy, next 4 were moderate, and the next 3 were sub 5:57, 5:49, 5:45, but it was too darn hot and humid and my heart rate was too high.  Decided to run a cool down mile instead for the last mile.

Another easy recovery run to Deep rock on 5th and back in the evening.  Felt great.

8/6
16 miles (10am/6pm)

Both runs were at a real easy recovery pace.  Out on Blue Ox Marathon course in the am and then out to Deep rock on 5th in the evening.  My evening run I felt a lot better and heart rate was lower.  I maybe getting a little sick right now.  Coughing a little and running nose.  Feel a little tired.

8/5
22 miles (16am/6pm)

Ran around Lake Bemidji again this morning.  Felt much better than I did on Sunday.  I turned it into a progressive run.  Started at 7:30 pace and progressed each mile down to 5:57 pace. It was warm and sunny, but I stashed some water around the 9-10 mile mark.

Easy recovery run in the afternoon to Deep Rock on 5th and back.  Felt good.

8/4
16 miles (10am/6pm)

Easy paced run this morning out on Birchmont and back to parents.  Felt pretty good and the sun was out.  In the evening another recovery pace run out towards Deep Rock on 5th ave.  Sun was out and I felt really good on the way back.

8/3
16 miles (10am/6pm)

A couple of easy recovery paced runs today.  Ran the Blue Ox Marathon course on Lake Bemidji in the morning.  Headed out the opposite way in the afternoon and ran towards BSU.  Felt okay.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Age- 41 Occupation- Phy Ed/Athletic Director/Wrestling Coach @ South Anchorage High School

Blog Archive