August 17th- August 23rd

Mileage for the Year 2015
2,600 miles

Mileage for the week 8/17- 8/23
76 miles

8/23
15 miles (9am/6pm)

My legs were pretty trashed from the downhill section yesterday.  Both runs today were at a very easy recovery pace.  It actually felt good to get them moving.  Ran to Dearmoun in the morning and Huffman in the evening.

8/22
17 miles (Lost Lake-1:49:38)

I did a short 1.5+ mile warm-up at a slow jog with some strides.  I wasn't really pumped to race and with that attitude it was hard to dig deep.  I took it pretty conservative all the way to the top.  I did run pretty well up top and I did try my best on the way down, but I'm just not comfortable going all out.  It was a beautiful day and the post race was a lot of fun.

8/21
6 miles

I had a long day at work going over the warm up with my students.  I think I demonstrated to many lunges during my 5 classes.  I'm actually sore in my quads and glutes.  I did a little shake out run at an easy pace to Huffman and back.  I love the Lost Lake trail, but I'm not to excited to race tomorrow.  Just tired from the long week.  It'll be a good workout though regardless of how I do.

8/20
8 miles

Easy pace to Dearmoun and back after droping tae off at Dance.  It was another sunny afternoon.  I felt pretty good and it was enjoyable.

8/19
12 miles (5:43, 5:44, 5:35, 5:19)

Ran from Studio 49 on campbell creek.  Wanted to get a small workout in during the run.  Kind of an easy progressive tempo run that took about 22:20 to run.  I actually felt pretty darn good.  Kept an honest 6:10 pace the last 4.5 miles too.

8/18
10 miles

Another easy recovery run before work this morning.  Got up at 5:30am and out the door by 6.  Ran my south loop.  Felt good.

8/17
10 miles

Decided to run just once today to fully recover from 20 miler yesterday.  Ran my south loop in the afternoon and felt pretty good.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Age- 41 Occupation- Phy Ed/Athletic Director/Wrestling Coach @ South Anchorage High School

Blog Archive