August 24th- August 30th

Mileage for the Year 2015
2,667 miles

Mileage for the week 8/24- 8/30
67 miles

8/30
18 miles

Ran the tour trails with Anna and TJ.  It was a little chilly this morning, just a reminder that winter will be here soon.  I felt kind of fat and out of shape. Not very motivating for Equinox.  Just gonna try and get to the starting line feeling better then I do now.  Legs are getting better compared to the first 4 days of the week.

8/29
10 miles

To aide with my recovery I ran at the AK club again.  That way I could control the pace better and have a nice soft and even surface.  Kept it very easy again.

8/28
10 miles

Finally resembled running like normal today.  Legs felt like they had some energy in them, but still need to take it easy tomorrow.  Ran from Studio 49 on Campbell Creek trail out and back.  Started at 7:30 pace and progressed down to a 6:20 mile.  Felt ok.

8/27
8 miles

I decided to go to the Alaska club and run on the treadmill.  That way the surface was forgiving and I could make sure I was running super easy and hopefully my legs will recover.  I felt pretty good.  Probably the best all week.  Hopefully even better tomorrow.

8/26
7 miles

I took off from Studio 49 after droping Tae off.  I felt ok the first couple of miles, but after 4 miles it was all I could do to not Stop. My legs were dead and had zero life in them. It's frustrating because I really would like to train and run longer.

8/25
6 miles

Exhausted.  I worked all day.  Got up at 6 went to school.  Picked up Tae and brought to Dance after, then I worked at Skinny raven till 7p.  I did go for an easy 6 to Huffman and back after work.  By the time I ate it was already 9pm.  So, stupid to live like this.  I gave Skinny Raven my notice today, that I just can't do it anymore.  Need to have a more quality of life during the school year.  My legs also feel like shit still since the race.  Hope they feel better soon.

8/24
8 miles

Ouch!  My legs are still trashed from Saturday's downhill.  I can't believe I even tried to start running because it was ugly.  After a mile or two I did start to feel a little better though.  Ran on the Coastal trail from Westchester. It was beautiful out.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Age- 41 Occupation- Phy Ed/Athletic Director/Wrestling Coach @ South Anchorage High School

Blog Archive