August 31st- September 6th

Mileage for the Year 2015
2,752 miles

Mileage for the week 8/31- 9/6
85 miles

9/6
21 miles

Ran my new 20 mile loop this morning and added a mile.  I ran the downhills hard to get my quads used to it for Equinox.  Maybe a little too late, but I just gotta get to the starting line healthy and ready.  I felt pretty good.  Ran a bunch of sub 6 mile too.

9/5
10 miles

Easy recovery miles at the AK Club. I'm gonna do almost all recovery on a treadmill until Equinox to make sure I keep it easy and my legs get better.

9/4
12+ miles

Met Matias at Service after school and ran the Hillside Trails.  It was actually a lot of fun getting on the trails and talking with Matias.  Great guy and nice to pick his brain.  He's having a great summer of racing at the age of 45.  Motivating!!!

9/3
9 miles

Easy recovery run at the South High Track.  I wanted a nice easy surface to just make sure I was at recovery pace.  Felt pretty good, but it was cold and rainy.

9/2
12 miles (5 @ Tempo)

Ran from Studio 49 and it was a beautiful day out.  Felt ok during the workout.  It's just nice to know that my legs can move a little faster still.  It's been rough since Lost Lake.

3.5 mile warm up w/ Strides
5 miles straight tempo (5:36, 5:36, 5:38, 5:39, 5:39)
3.5 mile Aerobic

9/1
10 miles

Ran from Studio 49 today.  It was another beautiful sunny day.  Hard to believe the weather the past 2 summers. I'll take it.  I felt okay and had some energy, but I still don't feel smooth running.  I didn't really run hard, but it wasn't true recovery either.  Try just to be relaxed and run.  Ran 6:5X average for the run.  Gonna do a tempo run tomorrow on the same route.

8/31
10 miles

I wanted to fully recover from the long run yesterday.  It seems the only way to make sure is to jump on a treadmill.  My legs seems to recover much faster that way.  Felt really good, but kept it super easy at 7:30-7:40 pace.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Age- 41 Occupation- Phy Ed/Athletic Director/Wrestling Coach @ South Anchorage High School

Blog Archive