July 20th- July 26th

Mileage for the Year 2015
2,226 miles

Mileage for the week 7/20- 7/26
108 miles

7/26
6.5 miles

Easy recovery pace at the AK Club before work.  Legs a little beat up from yesterday. Nice to get moving a little.


7/25
17.5 miles (Lost Lake w/ extra)

Had a great day.  I woke up and had some coffee while watching some Junior National Freestyle matches.  It was sunny out, so I went for it and drove to Seward to run Lost Lake.  I ran at a pretty good clip the whole way through.  1:52:59 to the parking lot.  Then I ran a slow 3.2 mile cool down while I waited for my ride back to the car.  Even though I ran solo, it was fun!

7/24
18 miles (10am/8pm)

Ran from Studio 49 in the morning and I felt really good.  Kept it easy again, since I'm running Lost Lake at a good clip tomorrow.

Ran with a friend to Rabbit Lake in the evening.  It was more of a hike and jog run, but it was beautiful out and we took a dip in the lake too.

7/23
16 miles (10am/6pm)

South loop in the morning during a light rain. Legs tired, but I felt pretty good.  Easy Recovery pace.

Ran from Skinny Raven downtown after work. Just an easy recovery pace run on the coastal trail.

7/22
17 miles (11am w/ 4 miles @ Tempo, 1:30 rest 1 mile @ tempo and 6pm)

I ran from Studio 49 this morning and had a real good tempo workout on Chester creek. I've only done 1 workout since Mayors and it's time to start running a little faster again.  Workout went good and I felt pretty strong.  I was going to only do 4 miles, but I recovered pretty fast and decided to do 1 more mile at tempo.

Here it is:
3.4 mile warm-up w/ strides
4 miles @ Tempo (5:29, 5:35, 5:27, 5:25), 1:30 rest, 1 mile @ Tempo (5:22)
2.6 mile cool down

Ran an easy recovery 6 miler from Studio 49 again on Chester creek.  Felt really good.

7/21
16 miles (10am/6pm)

An easy recovery pace on my South loop this morning.  Legs tired, but felt ok. These easy 10 milers have been a nice way to start the day recently.

Easy recovery pace from Skinny Raven Downtown.  Felt tired after work and I just wanted to get it done.  Plus, I don't like waiting till 9pm to eat dinner:(

7/20
17 miles (10am/7pm)

Beautiful and sunny morning and I ran my South loop very easy.  Really sore this morning when I woke up, but warmed up a little while eating breakfast.  Felt pretty good running.

Ran to Huffman and back in the evening.  Sun was still out and it was warm!!! I felt really good though, but kept it easy recovery pace.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Age- 41 Occupation- Phy Ed/Athletic Director/Wrestling Coach @ South Anchorage High School

Blog Archive