March 22nd- March 28th

Mileage for the Year 2010
1000 miles


Mileage for the week 5/22- 5/28
92 miles


5/28
20 miles

Took off from hotel at 5:30am to beat the heat. Carried a bottle of water with me to drop off at mile 5 so I'd have it at the 15 mile mark. Followed the Honolulu Marathon course and took a gu at the 10 mile mark. I struggled a little. Warmer than usual. 90 mile week and little rest on this trip. I was hitting low 6min. pace the last 5 miles though. Good effort.

5/27
10 miles

Another great run in the land of paradise! Ran to the freeway and back.

5/26
10 miles (8 X 100m stirders)

Great run this morning at 6am. I love running on this island. A little tired from chaperoning the kids until 10:30pm last night.

5/25
18 miles (15am/3+pm)

Had a great run this morning on the Honolulu Marathon course. First few miles were dark and it was raining. Felt so good. Spent the day snorkeling, but the evening workout was just going up and down Diamond Head.

5/24
13 miles (6 x 1200m @ 5K pace w/ 2min. rest)

Took off from hotel and headed toward Diamond Head. I warmed up for 30 min. then began the intervals. I didn't have a track to run on, so I went by effort and ran what I thought was 5K pace for 4 minutes (so probably a little longer than 1200m.) I felt pretty good and under control. When I was done with intervals I still have 25+ minutes of running to get back to hotel. I had no water, so I was defintely feeling it on the way back.

5/23
8 miles- easy

Only had time for 8 easy miles this morning. Off to Hawaii!!!!

5/22
11 miles (6am/5pm)

Nice and easy today. Felt good though. Leave for Hawaii tomorrow!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Age- 41 Occupation- Phy Ed/Athletic Director/Wrestling Coach @ South Anchorage High School

Blog Archive