January 2nd- January 8th

Mileage for the Year 2012
88 miles


Mileage for the week 1/2- 1/8
82 miles


1/8
19 miles

We had another little snow storm today and I didn't want to trudge through the deep snow. I also didn't feel like running on the treadmill either since that's all I did this week. I decided to head to the dome and I ran the entire 19 miles on the track. It wasn't too bad. We have six lanes and I would switch lanes every lap. Basically like this (1,2,3,4,5,6)(6,5,4,3,2,1) (1,2,etc.....). This also helped me keep track of my mileage.

I started out easy at 7;30 pace, but by mile 5 I was already down to 6:48 pace. I continued to progress down towards 6:15 pace and my last 2 miles were 5:58 and 5:52. Overall I felt really good and it felt easy.

1/7
11 miles

I slept until almost noon today. So tired after the wrestling tournament. Felt really good running though. Jumped on the treadmill and started at 7:30 pace and progressed down to 6:49pace. Kept it easy because long run is tomorrow.

1/6
Off

Not a minute to run today. Woke up at 4am. Bus left south at 5:25am. Wrestling began at 8am and we wrestled until 10pm. Didn't get back to south till midnight and I got home at 1am. Exhausted!!!!

1/5
10 miles (5am/5pm)

A couple of easy recovery runs. Felt good, but just tired out.

1/4
18 miles (14am/4pm)

Still cold outside -3 degrees and had an opportunity during lunch, so I opted for the treadmill. Started at 7:30 pace and progressed down to 6:22 pace by the end. Felt really good running. An easy 4 mile recovery after wrestling practice. Took another Ice bath too.

1/3
14 miles (4am/10miles w/ 10x100m striders pm)

Easy recovery in the morning. -7 out after practice so I opted for treadmill. Ran 10 miles w/ 10x100m striders. Felt good, but tired from work today.

1/2
10 miles (6am/4pm)

Both at recovery pace. Felt good on both runs. School starts back up tomorrow!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Age- 41 Occupation- Phy Ed/Athletic Director/Wrestling Coach @ South Anchorage High School

Blog Archive