January 9th- January 15th

Mileage for the Year 2012
178 miles


Mileage for the week 1/9- 1/15
90 miles


1/15
20 miles

It was -10 out when I decided to start my run. I ran the first 13 miles outside on my Boston prep route. I actually felt really good. It was cold, but I was dressed perfect and it was nice to be outside in the sun too. I finished up with 7 on the treadmill. I eventually progressed down to 5:49 pace on my last mile. Nice to get my first 20 miler in the marathon buildup. Solid week too, considering how busy I am.

1/14
4 miles- recovery

Coached all day at the Dimond Invitational. Was able to get an easy 4 miler in after it finished. Tired!

1/13
16 miles (12am/4pm)

I had a good run on the treadmill in the am. Started at 7:30 pace and progressed down to 6:22 pace. Felt real easy. I was tired in my recovery run after wrestling practice though. Took it real easy.

1/12
10 miles (5am/5pm)

A couple easy recovery paced runs today. My 2nd run was after wrestling practice (which I wrestled in) and a Booster meeting. I didn't want to run, but glad I did. I'm so busy this time of year, but so far so good with the training. I wish I had time to run outside more though.

1/11
15 miles

Pretty good medium distance run today. Legs a little tired in the beginnig, but after I warmed up I felt pretty good. Started at 7:30 pace and progressed down to 6:18 pace by the end. Suppose to get 9-18 inches of snow over the night. I've been running too much on the treadmill, but it's all I really have time for during wrestling season.

1/10
15 miles (5am/10pm)

5 easy miles before school at recovery pace. In the afternoon I ran 10 miles with 4 @ Tempo pace. Here was the workout:
4 mile warm-up with a few strides
4 miles @ Tempo (5:42, 5:39, 5:33, 5:27)
2 mile cool down

I felt pretty good. Wanted to go faster on the last mile, but wanted to keep it more true tempo pace.

1/9
10 miles (5am/5pm)

Easy recovery pace on both runs today. Legs felt tired on both after yesterday's long run.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Age- 41 Occupation- Phy Ed/Athletic Director/Wrestling Coach @ South Anchorage High School

Blog Archive