July 22nd- July 28th "Crow Pass"

Mileage for the Year 2013
2,089 miles

Mileage for the week 7/22- 7/28
77 miles

7/28
9 miles

Jay and I ran very very very easy to Rabbit Lakes. We took a nice dip in the lake too.  The water felt great on the beat up legs.  Another beautiful day too.  Beautiful scenery up there.

7/27
22 miles "Crow Pass- 3:56:55"

Had a great day running crow pass today.  Never pushed myself, but it was still a good effort and tired when I was done.  Ran the whole race with my buddy Jay from California.  I forgot how almost the entire race is very technical and not much running where you can just extend your stride.  I fell at least 7-8 times, fell in the river crossing, and got stung by 5 times by bees.  Great day!

7/26
5 miles

Ran an easy 5 miles on the turnagain arm trail.  Kept it easy after our Lost Lake run yesterday and since we will be running Crow Pass tomorrow.

7/25
15+ miles "Lost Lake"

Had a great day running on my favorite trail in Alaska.  My buddy Jay is up for a week to run crow pass on saturday, so hopefully I'll be running some good trails this week.   It was just us today, so we had one car.  We dropped the Car off at the finish and tried hitchhiking to the start at Primose Lake for 1.5hrs.  NO LUCK!!!!! So we jogged back to my car and luckily we found someone to drive it to the start for us.  So we ran the race course backwards. Beautiful day though.  We didn't plan for the delayed start and we both kind of bonked towards the end.  Great day though!!!!

7/24
10 miles

Another shirtless, hot, and sunny day.  This summer is amazing.  Ran my south loop with extra loop.  Started at 7:15 pace and progressed down to 6:05 pace.  Averaged 6:32 pace for entire run.  Felt pretty good running, but my right hip is acting up.  Just kind of a dull pain.  I've experienced this pain before and it usually goes away if I stretch more.

7/23
10 miles (4 @ Tempo)

My first real workout since my marathon a month ago.  Averaged about 5:40 pace for the 4 miles, so kept it on the easier side of tempo for sure.  Nice to get the legs turning for an extended period of time.  Felt pretty good.  Warm and sunny out too.

7/22
6 miles

Easy recovery pace.  Another hot and sunny day in the AK. Amazing summer!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Age- 41 Occupation- Phy Ed/Athletic Director/Wrestling Coach @ South Anchorage High School

Blog Archive